• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Quick Report now that I'm back from Infinity Hawaii

Cruise Arizona

It was great, my best cruise yet.

I got seasick for the first time of my life as I tried to go with-out meds on the 4th day, was hung-over from formal night, and we were starting to rock.

But I think I discovered a new cure or maybe placebo- Ricola cough drops. I sucked on those as I walked about 30 times around the ship, and It seamed to help.

Hawaii was rainy and wonderful all at the same time.

All my worrying about my kids behaving seemed to have paid off. They were pretty good, and actually recieved many complements.

I love dressing up and seeing everyone else that did, but there were a few young and old who really didn't get into the whole dressing up thing, but I had fun looking nice and didn't really worry about them.

My kids loved dressing up as well. My daughter kept asking when the next formal night was, and my son really liked all the positive feedback he got from other passengers when he wore his tux. DH looked good in his too.

We took about 400 pictures, and DH the computer nerd had to go a business trip today, so we won't have those up on the family web site till he gets back.

Food was really good, but I like Tai and Mexican, and Spicy Italian, and they really didn't offer much in the way of really spicy food, but other than that I loved the food. Kids really loved ordering off the adult menu at dinner every night. They tried just about every thing you could imagin including some of the cold soups. They loved the Escargot and the Frog Legs. Every day they tried atleast one or two things they had never had before. They were great sports.

My son's favorite excursion was the Arizona Memorial and my daughter's was the snorkling in Kealakuku Bay. I loved hiking up to the view spots on Diamond Head and seing the Lava Flow at night on the Big Island (as the ship sailed by)

On board DH and I enjoyed the wine enrichment lectures. I also played name that tune 3 times and won twice.

We met up with a few friends one night and dined in the SS United States, and the service was excellent, but I thougth the food was pretty much just as good in the main dining room. But the fun of dining with friends and sharing wine and grown-up conversation made it a lot of fun and worth the price.

Now its back to reality. Got home to Tucson Airport and battery was dead in the truck. Had to wait for about an hour for a jump start. DH had the business trip today and no clean clothes so I was doing laundry until midnight last night and he got up at 3:30. Dog had a sitter coming in and out but she still was so nervous that she peed all over the carpet, so I've been de-oderizing and shampooing that too. We might have to try a kennel next time.

But hey, It was a great great time. Any more questions, Now when and where for my next cruise.... Will be hard to top this one.

Archived