Muse - Sounds between cabins

We are interested in cruising with Silversea and were ready to book the new Muse. However, I have read several reviews where people have complained that they can hear discernible sound from the cabins next door (TVs, conversations). This would make me very unhappy as I am a light sleeper and very sensitive to sound. Did they forget to put sound-deadening material between the cabins? I look forward to your comments on this topic. Thank you.

MLinFL

Also, I wonder how SS has mitigated sound in those cabins with connecting doors vs. cabins that have none? This is my biggest concern as a road warrior who understands hotel rooms with connecting doors can be much louder than those that don't have them. I'm not worried about listening to conversations as much as I am about snoring! :o

I was concerned about the tv noise too. I asked my travel agent about it and she followed up by forwarding an email from a Silverseas employee in Florida. He said that the speakers of the tv were installed incorrectly, NOT facing into the room. (It sounds like the tvs are built into the walls). It is being addressed at great cost by rewiring all the tvs and connecting them to the overhead (ceiling) speaker. The email was dated 8/25 and he said that all rewiring would be completed in less than 6 months if not sooner. I have booked a cruise on the Muse for May 2018 (our first) and expect that problem to be resolved then.

Hello MLinFL, Stumblefoot and Shiningstar4,

As with any new vessel, there are glitches that are commonly found and quickly addressed. Our tech team has been looking into this matter and is working tirelessly to correct and improve this.

Some of the steps we are taking is moving the speakers from televisions to inside the suite rather than being mounted in the wall.

Also, insulating and sound-proofing when it is brought to our attention.

It’s always important that if you experience this, please let the reception desk know so we are aware and can make changes quickly.

Regards,

Mark