Tell us how Great Liberty is going to be!

EBFURR

Okay, we just got off the Ecstasy a week back and we have Liberty coming up on Oct. 15. As (finally) empty nesters with two wonderful grown children we are able to cruise a little more. This will be our 3rd Carnival cruise (all this year) and we are super excited. We have adjusted to the Carnival experience after many years of Royal and we are liking it. A lot. To help us cope with the anticipation can some of you guys tell us from your experiences what we are going to love about Liberty? Any tips, hints, secret rituals, etc. would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Its a great ship. We have been on her 3 times. Really nice layout, good size (big, not too big). Get to the seafood shack before the rest of the ship knows its exists (ie after the first couple days). Enjoy!

I am excited about the LOBSTAH ROLL!!!

Enjoy your cruise! Liberty is a wonderful ship. We just sailed on her in August. If you're in a suite, you may be invited to view the sail into Nassau from the bow of the ship - where they'll have complimentary mimosas, bottled water, a photographer, etc. The officer hosting it told us Liberty is the only ship they do that on so far - it was amazing! And if you haven't done the chef's table, I also recommend that. It was our first time signing up for it, and it was worth every penny. After a long break from Canival, the Liberty was one of our favorite Carnival cruises (my husband ranks it as his favorite). Enjoy!

I am excited about the LOBSTAH ROLL!!!

Me too!! Cannot wait for the lobster roll!! sailing Oct. 19 (not soon enough).... hoping the ship is wonderful!! We were tossing up Liberty and Sunshine. But, I just saw so many bad reviews of Sunshine, that I did not even give it much thought. Then, after I booked Liberty, I was looking at Sunshine in more detail, and almost regret booking Liberty!! But, a cruise is a cruise, afterall!! And, from your comments, it looks promising... especially the Seafood Shack!! I am hoping it is open as soon as we board!! I am sure hubby is going to want to go to buffet or free food first. But, we have a nice OBC this cruise, and I plan to enjoy myself!!

Have a great cruise everyone! I look forward to seeing your posts and reviews!!

I was on the Liberty in May of this year. I know others have posted that they loved the ship but I was not to happy with our cruise. The things I liked were Guy's Burgers and the pool in the back of the ship. There was a terrible sewer smell in different parts of the ship. On the deck by the water slide and by the outside bar and the Alchemy Bar. It was so bad no one seemed to stay in those places for very long. The entertainment was just ok. I don't like to post negative things about cruises but I have to be honest. I hope the sewer smell is not there when you go on your cruise.

I was on the Liberty in May of this year. There was a terrible sewer smell in different parts of the ship........ I hope the sewer smell is not there when you go on your cruise.

We just got off the Liberty last month. There was no sewer smell in any part of the ship we visited. I guess the problem's been fixed since May.

Okay, we just got off the Ecstasy a week back and we have Liberty coming up on Oct. 15. As (finally) empty nesters with two wonderful grown children we are able to cruise a little more. This will be our 3rd Carnival cruise (all this year) and we are super excited. We have adjusted to the Carnival experience after many years of Royal and we are liking it. A lot. To help us cope with the anticipation can some of you guys tell us from your experiences what we are going to love about Liberty? Any tips, hints, secret rituals, etc. would be great!

Thanks in advance!

I expect your going to really like the Liberty. I haven't been on the Ecstasy, just the Pride (twice). It's so much nicer than the Pride in my opinion. I hope Jim Brick is still performing his comedy show. He was hilarious!

As secret rituals? Can't help you there. I don't know what that means in terms of the cruise experience, but I sure am curious.

My husband and I really enjoyed our Liberty cruise. The decor is Americana; so lots of red, white, & blue with founding Father presidential busts, etc. Its a very festive ship.

The Seafood Shack on the back of the pool deck is a must if you like seafood & fresh fish. Its a pay walk-up & order counter service type of place where they make your order fresh & give you a pager. My hubby loves Blue Iguana's bfast tacos & Guys burgers & fries for lunch. Both of those are free & have excellent toppings bars you should check out.

Most people don't realize there are free steam rooms & saunas in the Men's & Women's locker rooms in the spa area. Those are great unknown vacation perks for me!

Happy cruising.

Okay, we just got off the Ecstasy a week back and we have Liberty coming up on Oct. 15........

I will also be cruising the Liberty on Oct 15th. I am treating my parents to a cruise for their anniversary. It's been a rough year so far having lost my Grandmother to cancer in May.....Mom & Dad are really looking forward to this get-a-way and I am blessed that I can treat them to this trip.

I have cruised the Liberty before and she is my favorite Carnival Ship. She has gained a few upgrades since my last cruise. Looking forward to enjoying the Liberty as if it were my first time. Cant wait.....4 more weeks!!!