Live from the ghost ship Harmony of the Seas

Karter

We are currently on Harmony of the Sea with the shortened 4 day ittinery. Evidently the majority of the passengers decided to skip the cruise or couldn't get to the ship. This morning a sea day at 8:00 AM there were 3 other people on the Grand Promenade when we were going to breakfast at 150 which is the substitute for costal kitchen since they are filming a movie in the costal kitchen this cruise. We were the only ones in the resturant.

We talked to several room stewards and it seems to vary from 6 out of 17 cabins occupied to 0 cabins out of 15 occupied I really feel sorry for him with no tips this cruise.

At 10:00 we went out to the pool deck and on all decks there were maybe 100 passengers out and about. Deck chairs are definitely not an issue getting one in any location you would want.

Finding tables in the Windjammer is very easy sit where ever you like.

We will see how the shows are tonight.

One more thing the sign by customer service states there are no rooms available for upgrade because the ship is full.

Definetly a different experience than usual.

More to follow.

You should throw some towels out on the deck loungers with some random flip flops. Then it would be more like a normal cruise, hoarded loungers and no one using them. :')

I bet it feels really strange, like a port day but with even less people on board. This would be a unicorn flowrider cruise, regretfully caused by unfortunate reasons.

Wow - well enjoy yourselves and relax. You have a one of a kind experience the next few days. Thanks for reporting in.

A&L - I am getting prepped for all the threads I expect from you and "the gang". Don't let us down! :)

No pressure, LOL. I'm hoping I have enough time and energy to post at the end of every day.

For some skipping the cruise is not possible based on work schedules (no other time to cruise during the year) but I think I would have skipped it as well. While it would be nice to get a chair anywhere/any time, I think it would just lack the 'feel' of a cruise if the ship was even just half full. I hope those on board are enjoying themselves after the stress they experienced pre-cruise. What a mess this has all been.

Any idea what movie??[/quote

Some on the cruise think it is a movie with Christian Bale but I do not know that for sure.

The ship has started to come alive the pool has about 1/4 of the deck chairs used or with towels on them. Chair hogs may be alive and well even on an almost empty cruise.

Caption Johnny said at his mid day report at least nobody has to worry about line anywhere on the ship. The Windjammer was maybe 1/4 full at noon today.

As you can guess no lines for the flow rider or slides. Felt sorry for the lifeguard guarding one person in the pool.

We are going to see Grease at 2:30 so we will see how full the theater is.

It is definitely a strange experience a lot of the passengers are commenting on how few people are on board.

Caption Johnny said at his mid day report at least nobody has to worry about line anywhere on the ship. The Windjammer was maybe 1/4 full at noon today.

As you can guess no lines for the flow rider or slides. Felt sorry for the lifeguard guarding one person in the pool.

We are going to see Grease at 2:30 so we will see how full the theater is.

It is definitely a strange experience a lot of the passengers are commenting on how few people are on board.

Karter you got me thinking - if someone states the ship is too crowded for them this sailing, Oasis Class is definitely not the class of ship for them. :D

I'm curious to know from those on board...

What were the conditions like at Port Everglades? I'm curious about Harmony's terminal and the areas immediately around the port/airport? Manageable or is it a mess?

Captain Johnny tweeted this yesterday from the bridge. A little roof work is being done to the terminal.

0e96e7f6f13735807873079a7d65f6aa.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

WOW! Must be nice! I just got off the Harmony yesterday for our 7 day.... uh 10 day cruise! Talk about total chaos in fort lauderdale yesterday!

Wish I was on the ship now. It was a sold out sailing for us! However, they did offer for those who wanted to stay on for your 4 day sailing they could stay for starting at $199 a person! Sure wish I could have taken RCCL up on that offer but I had to get back to work!

Enjoy the empty cruise!

I'm curious to know from those on board...

What were the conditions like at Port Everglades? I'm curious about Harmony's terminal and the areas immediately around the port/airport? Manageable or is it a mess?

A bunch of trees down and some traffic lights not working. They didn't even have any officers or signage to help avoid the areas. I'm assuming they were too busy with keeping peace in gas lines and helping with the really bad damage. It was absolutely the worst most stressful disembarkation I've ever done. On top of it people were stranded with no flights or hotels. I did finally get a text today at 2 pm saying if we were stranded they would try and help. Too little too late. Should have stayed in port one more day. They knew there were very limited flights and no hotel rooms, feel bad for those left. They offered rooms for $199pp tax and all, I personally would have taken that if I needed to fly home.

You should throw some towels out on the deck loungers with some random flip flops. Then it would be more like a normal cruise, hoarded loungers and no one using them. :')

I bet it feels really strange, like a port day but with even less people on board. This would be a unicorn flowrider cruise, regretfully caused by unfortunate reasons.

It was an amazing cruise for flowing all week. We were 2 of 4 most port days. Line never wrapped the deck on peak times. Say hi to Reanne and Sara when you go! And please get them pizza, apparently they serve a bunch of Indian food in the crew mess!

It was an amazing cruise for flowing all week. We were 2 of 4 most port days. Line never wrapped the deck on peak times. Say hi to Reanne and Sara when you go! And please get them pizza, apparently they serve a bunch of Indian food in the crew mess!

Yes, pizza and ice water always magically show up when I am on the ship.;)