Review Coral Princess 11/24 - 12/4

sherman931

We were on this cruise with you Bob. Enjoyed it very much. On canal day our room service waiter gave us a great tip when he brought our morning coffee. We were on Baja Deck near the front of the ship. He told us to go forward in the hallway and at the end of the hallway there is a door marked crew only. Go through both doors and you'll be out on an outside deck on the front of the ship. What a great view! And what a great suggestion. I got some wonderful pictures out there.

Bob- Thanks for your review...one of the best I've read on these boards. One thing to remember when parking at the pier - 7 day cruises generally depart and dock at the same pier. Almost always, 10 day cruises depart and dock at different piers. You had no problem, but we found it a hassle so we now take Cruise Connection to the port. We took the Coral on the same cruise you took and enjoyed it so much we are repeating in April. From your report, the production shows are pretty much the same, so we will skip those. Also, did your itinerary say Ocho Rios and change to Montego Bay? I don't like Jamaica at all so we will spend that day on the ship, especially if it switches to MoBay. There is a nice shopping area, Island Village, in Ocho Rios so will walk ashore if we dock there. Again, thanks for the review and renewing our happy memories, which makes us eagerly anticipate our next Coral Cruise.

Super review!! Your lay out made the review so easy to read and we especially liked your "Writer's opinions"! We will be boarding the Coral in January and after reading your review we are anticipating a wonderful cruise. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and thoughts with others.

Gail and Rich

Hi

I was on the Coral the 12-4 cruise

we had Lee Childers as the Cruise Director.

Didnt see much of him except on the tv broadcast and some announcements for the shows.

The lates sitting dinners had problem making some of the shows. Especially the tweener show.....they werent early or late but right in between

Funny how the itinerary is slightly different we did grand caymen on sunday then Cozumel then sea day and then disembarkation.....

No kids or less the 10 it seemed like. older crowd for sure. Do not like when the disco is an open area like the exploreres lounge. The Dawn had a nice room and certainly the STar and Caribbean had nice rooms just a distance to get too.

One day of bouncy seas but hey its a ship on the water

Sopme waiters just didnt seem to want to be there

we gave compliment cards to the good ones

Sabatinis was good for a one time change of venue for a honeymoon couple as we were buty Ill stick to dining rooms next time. Pizza as an appetizer seemed a bit out of place. The pasta was okay

Lobster tails were good but they were also good for free in the dining room. Music and room was very nice with atable for too in Privacy.

Ill agree the ship and itinerary were a good time.

Now who is going to turn down my bed.

finalize our decision about taking the Coral and doing the Panama Canal in Jan 07. DSO and I have been talking about it all year, and after your wonderful detailed review and those fabulous pictures......we MUST go!

I will be taking my family to Alaska in June on the Island Princess. A 15 and 12 year old will be with us. Any advice? Also, we have staterooms booked on the Baja Deck, but I am wondering if all 5 of us might fit in a suite---4 of us fit in a penthouse suite on NCL Wind, and we could have accommodated a 5th person it was so large.

Thanks, Pat

• 3 weeks later...

Sherman931 and all others: We are headed out on the Coral January 23rd. Can you recall if the Wheelhouse Bar is open all day. We re thinking about meeting there for a CC gathering on the first sea day, but were not sure if it would be open after lunch. Thanks for you help!

Gail

Sherman931 and all others: We are headed out on the Coral January 23rd. Can you recall if the Wheelhouse Bar is open all day. We re thinking about meeting there for a CC gathering on the first sea day, but were not sure if it would be open after lunch. Thanks for you help! Gail

Gail, just checked our Quick Reference For Bar Hours card and it states that the Wheelhouse is open "4pm till late" both port and sea days. ;)

Gail, just checked our Quick Reference For Bar Hours card and it states that the Wheelhouse is open "4pm till late" both port and sea days. ;)

I just got back from a cruise on the Coral and the Wheelhouse Bar was open all day. It is a good place to meet as I have used it for that purpose.

Archived