Coffee on board/creamer question

MastersLevelMama

Hi all. Just wondering what the coffee, particularly from room service, is like on board the ship? The coffee on our Disney Cruise was so bad; brown sour water. Ugh.

Second to that, I know we can bring soda on board and two bottles of wine per person what what about liquid coffee creamer like in lieu of soda or a bottle of wine? Yes, my creamer means more to me than wine.... or its at least equal. ;p

If you mean the flavored creamers, I am also addicted to them.

Yes you can bring them on board but I'd bring the small individually pkged ones and not the large liquid container. Your grocery store/supermarket should have the small ones like you find in restaurants.

I would consider the powdered creamers before I'd bring the liquid creamers aboard. I don't find them to be all that different in terms of taste and of course the powdered creamers are a lot less likely to bust open and damage your other belongings.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Thanks all! I use the Coffeemate fat free vanilla creamer and I haven't seen it in a powder but will look more, maybe check Amazon too. I will also look for the individuals. I rarely prefer fat free anything but in this case I do. I know it seems picky and weird, and maybe I am a little of both (aren't we all) but I look forward to my morning coffee ritual. I imagine being on the open seas, on my balcony, will make it that much better.

I might bring Starbucks via packets too. And buy the refillable cup.

Thanks all! I use the Coffeemate fat free vanilla creamer and I haven't seen it in a powder but will look more, maybe check Amazon too. I will also look for the individuals. I rarely prefer fat free anything but in this case I do. I know it seems picky and weird, and maybe I am a little of both (aren't we all) but I look forward to my morning coffee ritual. I imagine being on the open seas, on my balcony, will make it that much better.

I might bring Starbucks via packets too. And buy the refillable cup.

if you are talking about the bottles of creamer, they are not allowed. No bottles are allowed. I would take the individual ones or the powdered ones. there is a good chance if you take a bottle of the creamer, it will be taken and thrown out.

Every cruise I go on be it Carnival or RCCL or Celebrity I always bring my Hazelnut creamer with me. I get a box of 24 liquid creamers and they last the whole cruise.

:hot-beverage: I'm going to try to find the liquid creamer but will buy the powder if I cannot find it.

I live with 3 Starbucks partners (hubby and two daughters) and we drink A LOT of coffee. It'll be weird to buy coffee. They each get a mark out (free product) each week. We haven't bought coffee in 3 years. LOL!

I have to be honest, anyone who actually like powdered cream, does not really like coffee. I feel the same way about flavored creamers but will give other taste buds a pass.

clear.png?emoji-confused-1977

And yet you are here. On a thread about coffee creamers. The mind boggles.

Every cruise I go on be it Carnival or RCCL or Celebrity I always bring my Hazelnut creamer with me. I get a box of 24 liquid creamers and they last the whole cruise.

Same! DH the coffee phreak has totally addicted me to hazelnut and for the last 2 cruises he/we packed those liquid individuals...in big ziplock baggies just in case of any leakage, tho so far they have held up really well.

if you are talking about the bottles of creamer, they are not allowed. No bottles are allowed. I would take the individual ones or the powdered ones. there is a good chance if you take a bottle of the creamer, it will be taken and thrown out.

I meant plastic bottle not glass but I'm going to try to find the individuals.

One bottle of wine per person, not two.

Thank you! What about boxed wine? I found a boxed Malbec that is pretty decent.

Coffee is okay and I do bring the International Delight singles on every cruise with no problem.

I take them out of the box and in a Tupperware container so they don't get squished

Great tip on the Tupperware!

clear.png?emoji-confused-1977

And yet you are here. On a thread about coffee creamers. The mind boggles.

Same.

Same! DH the coffee phreak has totally addicted me to hazelnut and for the last 2 cruises he/we packed those liquid individuals...in big ziplock baggies just in case of any leakage, tho so far they have held up really well.

(y) I am so glad I started this thread. Not sure why but individuals and powder did not occur to me.

If you bring boxed wine it will have to be the equivalent of two 750 ML bottles so 1.5 litres. Assuming there are two of you travelling. I will not personally attest to having been able to do this, but I have read other posts where people said they were allowed to do this.

Candi

Just so you know, it doesn't matter if the bottles are glass or plastic. No bottles of any kind are allowed. Only cans or the little individuals. Wouldn't want you to get there and be disappointed.