Seafood Shack questions [emoji494]

Victory!

I am looking forward to the Liberty on 10/5. I've heard so much about the lobster roll at the Seafood Shack that I've decided I want to meet that sandwich as soon as possible.

Is the Shack open during boarding? Will I need my S&S card before I can eat there?

Is there nearby seating or does anyone have a tip on a good spot to chow down with a view?

This is a best girlfriends trip so no kiddies are around. Does anyone take food to the Serenity area?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, I am super excited. Thanks!! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am looking forward to the Liberty on 10/5. I've heard so much about the lobster roll at the Seafood Shack that I've decided I want to meet that sandwich as soon as possible.

Is the Shack open during boarding? Will I need my S&S card before I can eat there?

Is there nearby seating or does anyone have a tip on a good spot to chow down with a view?

This is a best girlfriends trip so no kiddies are around. Does anyone take food to the Serenity area?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, I am super excited. Thanks!! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's my plan as well Lobster roll. :)

Shack should be open, it is listed as open for Vista. No, boarding pass is fine.

Not positive about other ships.

Seating should depend on time you get there. There is always seating some where, you may have to look a bit.

Serenity Area, should be no problem.

Have fun!

You can take food anywhere you like! Serenity is a nice place to eat lunch.

The Seafood shack is an extra cost venue so you'll need to pay for that lobster roll. I am told that they make it 2 ways. I didn't know that when I ordered it on the Triumph and it was more mayo than lobster! Ask for less may or ask for it with butter or else you might get it the way I had it! I thought it was terrible!!

You can eat it anywhere you want but you will need to pay for it so you should need your sail and sign card.

I agree, I was not impressed either. I was SO excited to get one too and it was a let down. I did get it with mayo and it wasn't too much mayo, I just didn't think it had good flavor at all. Wasn't a really good lobster flavor, kind of bland and rubbery. Was a lot though, I thought one roll was easily enough for two. Both my mom and I ordered one, and it was like $12 each if I remember correctly, we both said we should have just gotten one (and we both have a healthy appetite)

Hope yours is better.

Wife got the seafood platter one night, it was OK, nothing special. We thought about getting the whole lobster but after the platter decided not to. We did look forward to it but a bit of a let down.

One note, where I live we do oyster roasts where we steam the oysters just open and I sure do like them that way. I asked if they could put them in the steamer for a bit and then "open" them.... they were completely confused. No way they could do that.

I guess I'm in the majority but I liked my mayo lobster roll. When I got it I did not know I could order it with butter instead and I think I would have liked that even better.

I had the shrimp & clam strip basket also. The shrimp are good sized but tempura fried instead of standard "Red Lobster" style fried, so I didn't like them. The clam strips however were amazing and fried the standard way I expected. The baskets come with the same kind of fries served at Guys Burgers. Yummy!

Well worth the money in my opinion. Enjoy!

I should add, my experience was on the Liberty early this year. The Seafood shack is in the back of the ship on the pool deck past the buffets. It is where the (formerly, from what I've read) adult only pool & hottubs are along with pirate pizza. You will find plenty of seating on boarding day with a great ocean view. Seating will be more limited as days go by & people learn their way around. Have fun!

It was extremely hot on the back of the ship where the shack is located. Best to find a nice seat inside with a view.

Little hint, they do have shrimp (on some days) at the Blue Iguana Cantina. You can ask for a scoop or two on the side. They are grilled with very nice seasoning on them! ;)