Lip Sync Battle Info (Contains Spoiler)

justlaff69

SPOILER ALERT- Do not read if you want to experience it impromptu, how its intended.

If you win the Auditions you must be able to make 3 other events as listed below.

This was on the Breeze as of Sept 2017:

Schedule:

1st Sea Day : Auditions on the Lido Deck.

No limit on the contestants, they take 3 rounds to pare the field down to one male and one female. Girls always went first.

They gave all contestants 30 seconds to 'borrow' items to create a new persona.

Auditions Round 1: Introduce yourself and a very short cat walk to introduce your persona. Top 4 of each sex moved on.

Auditions Round 2 (Same event) Dance contest, each contestant shows their dance skills. If you can't dance, be creative it's all about entertaining the Lido crowd. 2 of each sex move on to the next round. Songs Women: Push It/ Men: It's Tricky (May vary per ship)

Auditions Round 3 (Same event) Lip Sync Ability They give you a mic 'prop' and the option of song 1 or 2, so you will get either song and this may vary per ship:

Females Lip Sync to either Party In the USA or Should've Put A Ring on It

Males: Black and White (Michael Jackson) or Play That Funky Music White Boy.

Should you win, you meet the 'wrangler' later that day. He/she gives you the schedule of events, two songs books and an ipod so you can practice.

Mini-Battle (Round 2)

This determines who goes first in the free-style portion of the Main Event. Held in the Atrium.

The men start with Smooth Criminal (Michael Jackson) then the ladies interrupt with Wannabe (Spice Girls) the the men interrupt with Fresh Prince of Belair (Will Smith) then the women finish with Crazy in Love (Beyonce). These are shorten versions of each song a little over a minute each. The winner gets to pick who goes first in the Main Battle.

After the Mini Battle is a a photo shoot. You take several poses with different props, they use them for the show and you get a usb drive with all the photos of you on them.

Last Sea Day:

Morning Show Interviews:

Rehearsal: On the afternoon preceding the Main Battle, you get walked through how the show proceeds and 'fitted' for you costume. You do your 'freestyle' song, they let us do it twice. Then you go backstage for your costume change and run through your choreographed song. We were given the option of running through it a second time.

Main Event: 1 Freestyle and 1 Choreographed Song/Last Sea Day You get a choice from about 168 songs for your freestyle. They are shortened versions of the song lasting about 1 and half minute. I can't list all 168 and they may vary, I doubt it but 168 is a long list. They have all genres here's a few I remember: Can't Stop the Feeling, Before He Cheats, Fancy (by Iggy Azalea not Reba McIntire), Dontcha (PussyCat Dolls). They have some other pop, rock and R and B.

Choregraphed Songs:

Women:

Lady Gaga - "Bad Romance" Costume: Long Gold Sequin Evening Gown with slit up the side and a white collar.

Glory Gaynor - "I Will Survive" Costume: Black Sequin Blouse and Slacks with Afro wig.

The Weather Girls - "It’s Raining Men" - Costume: Yellow Raincoat and show covers that look like yellow weather boots.

Men:

White Snake- "Hear I Go Again" Costume 70’s long blonde hair wig, black shirt leather jacket and yellow snake print pants

Usher- "Yeah" Costume: White Slacks and Sweater over a black sequin shirt and gold chain

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Helvetica; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Helvetica; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 13.0px}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

Tina Turner - "Rolling on the River" - Costume: Start in velcro black pants with black shirt and tie, underneath is a short silver sequin dress and the dancers put a Tina Turner wig on your head.

Thank you. I'm not familiar with any of the songs, too current for my taste. Did they have any songs available from the 1900s?

I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy - 1904 (by George M Cohen)

2. America the Beautiful - 1910

3. Danny Boy - 1913

4. Take Me Out To The Ball Game - 1908 (by Jack Norworth & Albert Von Tilzer )

5. Pomp and Circumstance - 1902 (by Elgar)

6. The Grand Old Rag (aka "You're a Grand Old Flag") - 1906 (by George M. Cohan)

7. When Irish Eyes Are Smiling - 1912 (by Chauncey Olcott & George Graff Jr, . Ernest R. Ball)

8. Daddy's Little Girl - 1905 (by Edward Madden & Theodore F. Morse)

9. The Bells Of St Mary's - 1917 (by Douglas Furber & A. Emmett Adams)

10. Give My Regards to Broadway - 1904 (by George M. Cohan )

1. I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy - 1904 (by George M Cohen)

3. Danny Boy - 1913

6. The Grand Old Rag (aka "You're a Grand Old Flag") - 1906 (by George M. Cohan)

7. When Irish Eyes Are Smiling - 1912 (by Chauncey Olcott & George Graff Jr, . Ernest R. Ball)

I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy - 1904 (by George M Cohen)

3. Danny Boy - 1913