Just got a call from the upsell fairy!

sunshower9

This is only my 2nd cruise, btw. I had booked an interior, but she offered me a Havana aft extended balcony for $650. Considering that it would've cost me more than $2000 extra to book it at regular price, I took it. I had just purchased some gift cards from Allstate this weekend at 10% off, so I used those to pay for it.

Here's the funny part. Yesterday hubby and I had Chinese food, and the fortune in my fortune cookie said "You will soon be receiving a phone call with exciting news." No joke. When I read it I thought to myself that it would be awesome if that call came from Carnival with an upgrade offer. When I got the call, I googled the number real quick since I was at the computer. I couldn't believe it was Carnival and that my fortune actually came true! Now I'm even more excited for this trip!! :D

This is only my 2nd cruise, btw. I had booked an interior, but she offered me a Havana aft extended balcony for $650. Considering that it would've cost me more than $2000 extra to book it at regular price, I took it. I had just purchased some gift cards from Allstate this weekend at 10% off, so I used those to pay for it.

Here's the funny part. Yesterday hubby and I had Chinese food, and the fortune in my fortune cookie said "You will soon be receiving a phone call with exciting news." No joke. When I read it I thought to myself that it would be awesome if that call came from Carnival with an upgrade offer. When I got the call, I googled the number real quick since I was at the computer. I couldn't believe it was Carnival and that my fortune actually came true! Now I'm even more excited for this trip!! :D

Which ship? Sailing date? I keep hoping to get a call like that too. Ours is leaving October 1st. Congratulations!

WOW! I've cruised with Carnival around 15 times now and have never received a call from the upgrade fairy. Congratulations!!!

Sorry, I was so excited that I left out the details. Vista leaving on 9/23. I still can't get over it...lol. :)

Ooooh, I think that's the sailing right before ours.....and we're booked in a Lido interior.

I'll have to tell my friend John (who booked the cruise this time) NOT to ignore any long-distance calls from Florida. 305 area code, I think. :)

Here's the funny part. Yesterday hubby and I had Chinese food, and the fortune in my fortune cookie said "You will soon be receiving a phone call with exciting news." No joke.

What Luck! You must have a horse shoe up your ..........opps, enough said.

Except, don't those fortures have your lucky numbers on the other side. I suggest, when you get on the ship, go straight to the Roulette wheel and put a $100 on each number.

Congrats on the fabulous upsell!

My fave fortune cookie story is many many years ago when my hubby and I were trying to conceive and were in the 'waiting period' - we went out for chinese food - after dinner he opened his fortune cookie and it said 'she will have a very fine boy'!! I KID YOU NOT!

I saved that little slip of paper and it did in factcome true...it is now displayed in my oldest son's' 'memory shadow box' along with a pic of his ultrasound and baby hospital ID bracelet (he is 31 now by the way LOL).....

Congrats on the fabulous upsell!

My fave fortune cookie story is many many years ago when my hubby and I were trying to conceive and were in the 'waiting period' - we went out for chinese food - after dinner he opened his fortune cookie and it said 'she will have a very fine boy'!! I KID YOU NOT!

I saved that little slip of paper and it did in factcome true...it is now displayed in my oldest son's' 'memory shadow box' along with a pic of his ultrasound and baby hospital ID bracelet (he is 31 now by the way LOL).....

Aw, that is so awesome! :)

[i'll have to tell my friend John (who booked the cruise this time) NOT to ignore any long-distance calls from Florida. 305 area code, I think. :)

So, the caller ID doesn't come up "Carnival Cruise" ?? I don't answer ANY phone calls from numbers I don't know (about 10 a day!!)....hope I haven't missed out!

That is great! Enjoy your cruise and eat Chinese food more often LOL!;p:D

So I got a call today and declined. $390 for an upgrade from my inside room to Jr Suite on the Imagination. It's only a 4 day so I didn't think it was worth it. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That isn't such a good deal for a 4 day cruise. I wouldn't have taken it either.