2 nights in Solstice, must????

GUT2407

We often get a cheese and fruit plate from Ye old Horizontal Court to take back to our balcony, especially if we have late sitting.

Yep, and we drink some of out wine (from the two bottles) that we brought on board to go with it. Not keen on their crackers though.

Our one Celebrity cruise to date we had a Concierge cabin, (it was actually a few dollars less than a balcony) it was nice getting a cheese plate each afternoon without having to go get it ourself.
I would ask for the cheese each time as the other offerings they have were not what we felt like in the afternoon.

Yep, and we drink some of out wine (from the two bottles) that we brought on board to go with it. Not keen on their crackers though.

I take a few packs of the $1 Aldi Rice crackers on board, Mic. They are good.:halo:

When I compliment the cheese offerings I just say "Good looking cheese offering" or something similar.

When there is no actual cheese board proffered at the table, I just ask the waiter for a 'double cheese plate.' As the servings are small.:cool:

I must say the P&O UK cheese boards both in the buffet and MDR's are very good, big slabs served in MDR or cut it yourself in the Lido (buffet) lubbly jubbly.:halo: None of that paper thin stuff, if your gonna have a piece of cheese, have a big piece (s). lol

I don't mind a bit of ham and cheese for breakfast either on the ships. Bit of a change from the normal 'full english' I devour daily.

When there is no actual cheese board proffered at the table, I just ask the waiter for a 'double cheese plate.' As the servings are small.:cool:

I must say the P&O UK cheese boards both in the buffet and MDR's are very good, big slabs served in MDR or cut it yourself in the Lido (buffet) lubbly jubbly.:halo: None of that paper thin stuff, if your gonna have a piece of cheese, have a big piece (s). lol

I don't mind a bit of ham and cheese for breakfast either on the ships. Bit of a change from the normal 'full english' I devour daily.

I try and avoid any cutting of the cheese in the MDR, some things are best done at home in private.;p

Our one Celebrity cruise to date we had a Concierge cabin, (it was actually a few dollars less than a balcony) it was nice getting a cheese plate each afternoon without having to go get it ourself.

Just a tip for those in Concierge cabins: You can order other things for the afternoon snack. We always order a prawn plate and a salmon plate with the cabin steward for every afternoon - no problems:D.

Question for Solstice experts.

Most important question of all.

Soft drink package,

cans or post mix?

Cans.... though not sure where sourced.

Last cruise they were from Vietnam (different size, labelling, and likely make) which I thought was pretty cheap.

Cans.... though not sure where sourced.

Last cruise they were from Vietnam (different size, labelling, and likely make) which I thought was pretty cheap.

Thanks

We noted the same on Century some cans were local some American some Asia.

I can notice the difference in taste.

Wasn’t sure if it was just Century that served cans or all their ships.

Just a tip for those in Concierge cabins: You can order other things for the afternoon snack. We always order a prawn plate and a salmon plate with the cabin steward for every afternoon - no problems:D.
The problem that I have with the seafood is unless you are there when delivered, you do not know how long it has been left out.

That would work, :D

But defeats the whole point.

I don’t want to be tied to a set time.

But probably a moot point anyway as I’ll only book concierge if the price is really sharp, certainly didn’t think the “benefits” were worth more than a few dollars, if that.

But probably a moot point anyway as I’ll only book concierge if the price is really sharp, certainly didn’t think the “benefits” were worth more than a few dollars, if that.

I have only gone into concierge due to paying for a balcony cabin and then due to price drops we have upgraded for the same (or close to) price of what we paid. I wouldn't pay for it outright at the start.

I have only gone into concierge due to paying for a balcony cabin and then due to price drops we have upgraded for the same (or close to) price of what we paid. I wouldn't pay for it outright at the start.

The other factor for us is location, which on Century really meant concierge, plus we paid a few $$$$ less than a balcony. The pricing on celebrity seems a bit quirky at times.

The other factor for us is location, which on Century really meant concierge, plus we paid a few $$$$ less than a balcony. The pricing on celebrity seems a bit quirky at times.
It is all about supply and demand, if lots of people want balconies, then the price rises while concierge may drop due to them not selling. Then people jump on them or move across for the cheaper price. We have taken advantage of price drops this way (really the only way after final payment) a few times.

Yes, it depends on your habits. We always go back to the cabin after playing cards every afternoon for a drink & rest before getting ready for early dining. If it's a port day and we're going to be late on a private tour, we cancel the snacks with the cabin steward beforehand. I love prawns and always look forward to them with Thousand Island dressing:D.

Brian