Crystal Blocks

Noreen411

I should know the answer to this question by now (this will be our 5th block) but should we expect to get this block on the cruise upon which we pass our 420th night ?  We are going on an Anthem B2B and are getting double points on both.  We will go past 420 on the second to the last night of the second half of the B2B.  Will we get our 420 block on that cruise ?

3 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I should know the answer to this question by now (this will be our 5th block) but should we expect to get this block on the cruise upon which we pass our 420th night ?  We are going on an Anthem B2B and are getting double points on both.  We will go past 420 on the second to the last night of the second half of the B2B.  Will we get our 420 block on that cruise ?

Yes, you should get it on the cruise the points are earned.

However, I suggest you mentioned your milestone to the Loyalty Ambassador early on the first cruise and ask if you are on the list.  Sometimes they miss the double points.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, you should get it on the cruise the points are earned.

However, I suggest you mentioned your milestone to the Loyalty Ambassador early on the first cruise and ask if you are on the list.  Sometimes they miss the double points.

Thanks, Bob. That’s what I thought but I wasn’t sure.  I will have the Genie contact the LA before we board.

On 2/10/2019 at 1:40 PM, John&LaLa said:

We leave in 7 days. 😱

2 hours ago, island lady said:

We leave little Katie (again) in less than two weeks.  My cat sitter is making some good money this season.  😉 

Everyone seems to be heading out to sea except me. <sigh>

On 2/6/2019 at 3:27 PM, John&LaLa said:

Just got off phone with Rachel at C&A.  It seems the Adventure LA did not request our block be mailed.  

She ordered one for us.  Should be here in 8 weeks or so.  

Similar problem.  I talked to the Adventure OTS Loyalty ambassador on our January 13th cruise.  He checked our account and asked to confirm our address and said it would be mailed to us.  Joked that it would save us 5 pounds in our luggage.  

Because the loyalty ambassador never seemed to be at the desk I asked the Concierge in the CL to light a fire under him.  The LA never got back to me.  Stalked him for two days, until I got the above response.

Still waiting...

John, now I'm wondering if I should call C&A because he actually didn't order it???

22 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

Similar problem.  I talked to the Adventure OTS Loyalty ambassador on our January 13th cruise.  He checked our account and asked to confirm our address and said it would be mailed to us.  Joked that it would save us 5 pounds in our luggage.  

Because the loyalty ambassador never seemed to be at the desk I asked the Concierge in the CL to light a fire under him.  The LA never got back to me.  Stalked him for two days, until I got the above response.

Still waiting...

John, now I'm wondering if I should call C&A because he actually didn't order it???

I would, just takes a minute

We will be doing a TA to Southampton when we hit 140. I definitely don't want to be dragging a block back from Europe. Do I request ahead of time that I want the block to be mailed or do I wait till we are on the ship to do this? Is it 1 block per member or a block for each member?

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We will be doing a TA to Southampton when we hit 140. I definitely don't want to be dragging a block back from Europe. Do I request ahead of time that I want the block to be mailed or do I wait till we are on the ship to do this? Is it 1 block per member or a block for each member?

It isn't exactly like putting a brick in your backpack. They have some weight to them but I doubt I would know the difference of having one in my suitcase or not.

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Everyone seems to be heading out to sea except me. <sigh>

Easy fix...book one and join us!  🙂  I am finished with my laundry from last week, including the dreaded ironing...now ready to wrinkle them up again for the last of our this season's cruise on the 24th.  

Edited by island lady

29 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I just figured out we will be getting one on our September cruise!  Our first was on Allure and now Symphony...nice touch.  Now I'll have the other half of the book end

May want to drop by the Loyalty Ambassador's desk and be sure you are on the list to receive a block.  It will show up on your bed one night, delivered by your cabin attendant.  Congrats!  🙂 

2 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Thanks you can bet I'll remind them!  We didn't even know what it was when it showed up in our cabin on Allure, it sits on our bookcase in the office right now.  I like them, maybe not such a big deal for some, I think its kool.

I have them in my "Cruise Corner" in my house, which also displays various favorite pictures.  We enjoy collecting them also.  🙂  My next one is on Mariner, which means a lot to us, since Mariner was our very first RCI ship we sailed on.  Have not been on since.  Welcome back to PC Lady Mariner!  

3 hours ago, steveru621 said:

I finally got a chance to call.  LA never ordered the block.

Supposedly on its way.

They (the Loyalty Ambassador) always say that they will notify C&A and you will receive it in the mail. In our experience, C&A has no record that a block has been promised or requested by the LA. So unless it is an absolute disconnect, between ship and shoreside, it is a total fib by the LA. I think that by not actually notifying C&A it:

1) decreases the number of people who actually request a block.

2) puts it all back on C&A to fulfill requests and check points. 

I will say that it is nice to receive it in the mail instead of having to find room to carry it home. :classic_biggrin: And C&A has been really good about sending them. 

Edited by Coralc

On 2/11/2019 at 4:02 PM, steveru621 said:

Still waiting...

I was on Adventure on the Jan 5th cruise and the Loyalty Ambassador was usually nowhere to be found. Wanted to get our Diamond Plus wine  (that’s always supposed to be in your cabin when you check in but never is) on day one but he didn’t start until 6pm. When I finally reached him on day 4 of an 8 day sailing, I wanted to make sure he didn’t wait until the last day to bring our block but that’s exactly what he did.  

Ive asked for it to be mailed to us in the past but they always say “no”.   Any hints on how I can get them to mail it in the future?