Crystal Blocks

Noreen411

Has anyone had luck trading on board with the LA?  I’m guessing not, but thought I would ask. Really want to get a Grandeur before it leaves the fleet, but our next block will be the cruise prior - on Serenade - on which we already have a block.

56 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I believe, in my opinion, some pressure LA onboard for Crystal Blocks NOT EARNED on that cruise. Anyone willing to admit guilt?  

20 minutes ago, CFIGuy said:

Has anyone had luck trading on board with the LA?  I’m guessing not, but thought I would ask. Really want to get a Grandeur before it leaves the fleet, but our next block will be the cruise prior - on Serenade - on which we already have a block.

And we have a winner.....

Milwaukee -you called it.  

m

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

And we have a winner.....

Milwaukee -you called it.  

m

Didn’t realize asking the question made me guilty of an offense. Was curious if trading on board was a real option, since I’ll be getting my first duplicate.  If not, I’ll do like others on here and ask to trade. 

1 hour ago, CFIGuy said:

There would not be a reason for them to have any blocks other than their ship.

11 hours ago, CFIGuy said:

Didn’t realize asking the question made me guilty of an offense. Was curious if trading on board was a real option, since I’ll be getting my first duplicate.  If not, I’ll do like others on here and ask to trade. 

Trading on board, with another passenger, is of course not a problem. In fact,  many of us  arrange with  passengers on board to trade blocks. I believe your question was asking the LA to trade. Quite different, especially as the LA does not like to say no. 

Your  best bet is to go onto your rollcall, either on Cruise critic or on other social media to see if there’s anyone on your cruise that would like your duplicate block for a trade.  

Just my opinion. 

For a variety of blocks, check eBay. .  

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm not sure that applies

Yes I believe it does apply. The poster is not talking about trading blocks with another passenger, the poster was questioning whether they could ask the LA to give them a block that was not earned.  That was the question  of Milwaukee’s post. The LA doesn’t need a traded block from another ship. 

m

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So, you believe as I do, that some get unearned blocks from the LA?  

in my opinion as well

Thanks

Only time we got unearned blocks was as part of Monarch's last two cruises when I assume they were giving them to many people to get rid of them.

• Thanks 1

When we were on Anthem in Feb the Genie brought us 2 Anthem blocks (1 for each of us, I assume).  I told her that we only rated 1 but she just shrugged her shoulders so we took both of them home. We ended up trading with John &LaLa through the mail for an Oasis block, which we did not have.  We will end up earning an Oasis block in December so now we’ll have 2 of them !

My cousin also got a block from a Genie when they had a suite on Harmony.

It was their last night and the block was on the bed with the tip envelopes.

For what they paid for that suite I coulda gone on 6 cruises in a balcony.

It was their second cruise.

25 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

When we were on Anthem in Feb the Genie brought us 2 Anthem blocks (1 for each of us, I assume).  I told her that we only rated 1 but she just shrugged her shoulders so we took both of them home. We ended up trading with John &LaLa through the mail for an Oasis block, which we did not have.  We will end up earning an Oasis block in December so now we’ll have 2 of them !

Would you like to trade the second Oasis block in December?  I will be on the Oasis on 12/01 and 12/08.  What blocks would you want?

34 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Would you like to trade the second Oasis block in December?  I will be on the Oasis on 12/01 and 12/08.  What blocks would you want?

That’s a very interesting offer.  I am out of town working this week but once I get home I will take a look and see what I need.  I have at least 1 other “double”....Navigator, I think ? I will do an inventory once I get back home.

Thanks for the offer !

4 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Yes I believe it does apply. The poster is not talking about trading blocks with another passenger, the poster was questioning whether they could ask the LA to give them a block that was not earned.  That was the question  of Milwaukee’s post. The LA doesn’t need a traded block from another ship. 

m

I read it as trading a block with the LA

16 hours ago, CFIGuy said:

I feel bad that some are giving you grief. Maybe I can help. I can probably trade to help you out. 

Email me at J M Durland at M S N dot com

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So, you believe as I do, that some get unearned blocks from the LA?  

in my opinion as well

Thanks

Yes. And also just my opinion as well, I have no direct knowledge.

Bob’s situation on Monarch is different in that he (and perhaps other passengers)  were gifted that block for being on one of the last voyages of that ship. We had a similar situation on Sovereign.  Every cabin on the ship was gifted a block.  No one asked for it, it was simply a gift from the cruise line.  

CFIGUY-no worries, you can ask anything on Cruise Critic and you will get a variety of responses. It is still your option to ask the LA for a block. 

m

• Thanks 1