Crystal Blocks

Noreen411

When you fly and hand carry a block, just hope you do not get the TSA agent I got one time.  She told me that I could NOT take the block on a plane.  When I requested that she call over the supervisor, she did not want to do it.  Fortunately, the supervisor was just a few feet behind her and overheard my request.  He came over and looked at the block and told her that there was nothing wrong with taking it on a plane.

11 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I just checked EBAY and there are ~30 RCL Crystal Blocks for sale. More than I have seen for some time. No Majesty or Empress. 

If you check out the sold blocks on EBAY, it shows that two Majesty blocks sold in February and a Monarch block sold this month.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I just checked EBAY and there are ~30 RCL Crystal Blocks for sale. More than I have seen for some time. No Majesty or Empress. 

I threw all my boxes away when we moved to FL.  Liberating

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The prices in the USA for blocks on eBay are much higher than in the UK.... today there was an Indie block starting at  £20.

The USA blocks start at £71.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

The prices in the USA for blocks on eBay are much higher than in the UK.... today there was an Indie block starting at  £20.

That doesn't mean they will get that. Most blocks sell for less than $50, some retired ships may be higher.

• 2 months later...

I will be getting a dup of the Adventure in June.  I had my cruises all worked out so I didn't get any dups till covid decided to put the kabob on us sailing.  Now I just want to be on a ship, so I will go wherever, when ever, and I don't care what ship, so now I will want to start making some trades.

If anyone is interested in an Adventure block, let me know what you would like to get rid of of and we will talk.  LOL

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, TheConstantCruiser said:

Has anyone heard if they are still providing the blocks on Adventure now that she has sailed?

Or is this another perk lost to the virus?

Four couples had their Pinnacle presentations yesterday in the VCL and they were given the blocks.

I'll check with LA to see if other milestones are receiving them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/22/2017 at 10:31 AM, ace1zoe2 said:

When were these blocks supposed to be awarded? We hit 146 last April 2016 and have cruised twice since then. Never received any acknowledgement yet. Turned D+ on last cruise the first week of September. Other than better balcony discount and coupons is there anything else? I’m appreciative of what we get just wondering (like the block) if there is anything we should have received and didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call Royal, then can look up that you hit the 140 milestone and never got a block. They should send you one (for the ship you were in when you hit 140).

On 5/10/2021 at 9:56 PM, WeMissSeaView said:

Looking to trade two for one for a Sovereign and/or Splendor.  If interested, let me know and what ships you need.  Hopefully we can make a deal..  

Good luck trading an existing ship block for Sovereign, Monarch, Legend, or Splendor.

Them's Gold

• Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 9:14 PM, Razl said:

I will be getting a dup of the Adventure in June.  I had my cruises all worked out so I didn't get any dups till covid decided to put the kabob on us sailing.  Now I just want to be on a ship, so I will go wherever, when ever, and I don't care what ship, so now I will want to start making some trades.

If anyone is interested in an Adventure block, let me know what you would like to get rid of of and we will talk.  LOL

Ruthi, sorry I missed this. Let me know what you're missing, and I'll see if I can help. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I guess I must be lucky. That is how I obtained a Legend and a Monarch block in 2019.

I acquired Sovereign from John Denton's wife.

She needed Radiance to complete his collection.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Good luck trading an existing ship block for Sovereign, Monarch, Legend, or Splendor.

Them's Gold

Agree to that!  Have two out of four of them...wouldn't trade them for anything!  😉 

Another suggestion for homes for duplicate blocks.  Give them to a favorite crew member.  (My sister is tired of getting them for Christmas 😉 ).  

On a B2B2B last leg, our head waiter was sooo fantastic during the cruise.  On the last night of the last leg...we gave him our duplicate Vision block...(along with a healthy cash tip of course)...he was most appreciative of the block more than the money.  He almost cried telling us he had been wanting one ever since his room mate kept showing off one he was given. 

Just sayin'.  😉 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 7:58 AM, little britain said:

Years ago my work assistant picked up a block at Goodwill.  She gave it to me and  refused to accept any payment from me.  It was $1.25  ( yes $1.25) .  Happily it was a ship I had been on so it was nice to add to my collection.

M

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Them's Gold

I have Sovereign, Monarch,  Majesty and Empress.  All our other blocks are for  for ships still in the  fleet.    

Not interested in giving them up quite yet, but I suspect the time will soon come to downsize. I don't think all the blocks will make the  cut. Maybe 1 or 2.

M

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Thanks John for taking my 4 blocks...hope they went to a good home. I'll let you know when I get more :classic_wink:

Still working on it, might take awhile

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Years ago my work assistant picked up a block at Goodwill.  She gave it to me and  refused to accept any payment from me.  It was $1.25  ( yes $1.25) .  Happily it was a ship I had been on so it was nice to add to my collection.

M

I've never seen one at a thrift store. I have found a couple old shot glasses on occasion. 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Another suggestion for homes for duplicate blocks.  Give them to a favorite crew member.  (My sister is tired of getting them for Christmas 😉 ).  

On a B2B2B last leg, our head waiter was sooo fantastic during the cruise.  On the last night of the last leg...we gave him our duplicate Vision block...(along with a healthy cash tip of course)...he was most appreciative of the block more than the money.  He almost cried telling us he had been wanting one ever since his room mate kept showing off one he was given. 

Just sayin'.  😉 

We gave our cabin attendant on the 50th birthday cruise some of our goodies. Tote bag and beach towel as I recall

• Like 3