Celebrate The World... Best Production Show

Cruise Arizona

The new show that Celebrity is offereing is called "Celebrate The World" and I can honestly say that this may be the best production show I have ever seen on a cruise ship."

I really loved it..... It was trip around the world that included Rio, Australia, Texas, Ireland, Japan, Russia, and Italy. They started with the Moulin Rouge in Paris with the Can Can, and then went to Ireland with Riverdance, then to??? Japan with the fanststic Airialist, and then Italy with Nesum Dorma, and then the big finish in Rio Dejanerio, with lots of fantasic Carnival costumes.

My favorite part was the Irish number, probaly because of sheer difficulty. Only two of the dancers had ever done Irish Step, so I thought they did a great job pulling it off with only tap training.

One friend particullarly loved the Russian sectionof they show because her dad was Russian.

I'm a native Texan so I loved the Texas Section, and I have studied opera so I loved the Italian section with Nesum Dorma (Can't Spell)

The finally with all the Rio Costumes was great. My daughte especially loved the show.

I really thought it was the best production show I have ever seen, but what do I know. Did any one else love it as much as I did?

I just posted a question about Celebrate the World! I saw it on Constellation last summer and absolutely fell in love with it. It was an amazing show in its own right, with all of the varied and wonderful dancing and singing from so many wonderful places, but for me, it was made even better by the fact that I was finishing two weeks in Europe...watching that show really reinforced my love for traveling and my desire to see as much of the world as possible, as well as making me all the more grateful for the amazing experiences I'd just had and the wonderful places I'd seen. Personally, my favorite numbers were the Russian dancing, the Irish dancing, and the song "Ireland," sung by one of the male singers as a video montage of Ireland played behind him.

Ireland is one of those places on my list to visit that I haven't gotten to yet, so I really really loved the Ireland song/video montage as well.

Infinity has only been doing this show, from what I gathered, a few weeks, and it was fresh and exciting.

I was underwhelmed by the broadway show, just not the same energy that they put into the Celebrat the World Show.

They've Go Rythem, was better than the Broadway Show. Again just more excitment and enery, better excution of the songs, and a beter fit.

Did anybody see the "Lets Rock" show, I had to go to bed early that night.

That sounds wonderful and just like something I would enjoy, especially the Russian and Italian parts (Nessun Dorma (translation: Nobody Sleeps) is a favorite of mine). I look forward to seeing it. I enjoyed the 60's show on Zenith this past summer, maybe because it was a trip down memory lane ;)

These shows sound fun, is Century doing them as well? Do all X ships do the same shows?

I don't know the answer precisely, only what I've read here. I've heard people say that they saw the same show on more than one ship within a certain time frame, but I don't know what the time frame is (the contract for those particular singers/dancers/orchestra).

Thank you, Suzanne, for refreshing my memory regarding this show. I posted in my review that I had seen 2 of the production shows on the Connie last month, but I couldn't remember the name of this one. The other one was "Fantaseas". I actually enjoyed that one a tad more than "Celebrate..", but agree "Celebrate" was very, very good.

as we saw it on Connie in 2004.

Now the entertainment on Summit was a bit lower quality but they tried with a husband & wife as dance & song directors. So I have my 14 Celebrity Todays & their shows were: "Classique - LaDanza"; a comedian named Keith Monteith, pretty lame; Mexican Folkloric Show with great dancing & music (no lip synch), Jack Walker an English Singer, Ti Shui another comedian that we did's understand as did many; "Thoroughly Broadway" which as their newest & the best show they did tho lip sync also; Don Bryan, Ventriloquist with jokes from the 60's & the best with only 2 shows was classic pianist from England who was saw on Connie in 2004 was Brooks Aehron. He remembered us when he told the story of him on RCCL Radiance of the Seas & they had a dancing water show that was computer generated to play behind his playing. Well the day of the show the computer died so it was to be manually done & he got soaked as did the piano by the flub but the audience though it was the greatest show ever done my RCCL! And then the low budget acts were repeated.

2nd best of Cirque.

Majors wife, you are too sweet. I've had a lot of fun working on that number, I thought that I could fake my way throught the dancing and the singing part was pretty easy. It was so much fun to try something new, including my crazy hairdo.

My husband likes me to sing Opera, but I thought the All that Jazz would be more entertaining for the audience.

Maybe for my next cruise I'll work on learning to sing something from Carmen and get my daughter's dance teacher (trained in flamenco) to choreograph something for me. Opera but with a wider appeal.

By the way did MACOP just set a record for double posts?

On the Mercury in October it was called Dance Around the World and we all thought it was the best production show of the cruise. The cast actually appeared to enjoy doing it and it had a freshness the earlier production show lacked.

Susan

so you don't need to harrass folks on a problem with the site yesterday. I was locked up & couldn't do anything & then saw 7 posts which 6 were removed. Many others had the same problem & it was fixed.

Majors wife, you are too sweet. I've had a lot of fun working on that number, I thought that I could fake my way throught the dancing and the singing part was pretty easy. It was so much fun to try something new, including my crazy hairdo.

My husband likes me to sing Opera, but I thought the All that Jazz would be more entertaining for the audience.

Maybe for my next cruise I'll work on learning to sing something from Carmen and get my daughter's dance teacher (trained in flamenco) to choreograph something for me. Opera but with a wider appeal.

By the way did MACOP just set a record for double posts?

We saw this show on the Century and it was terrific. We also did the backstage tour and we were shown one of the skirts that the girls wear in their Spanish number and you would not believe the weight of them. In fact we were told that at first the girls got bruised hips when wearing them. A male dancer also told us that they could only perform the show in calm seas because it was so dangerous for the girls in their high heels trying to dance up and down the set. The director caught the male dancers laughing at the the girls falling and so he made the boys wear the high heels and try to do the same steps. The boys never sniggered again!

Archived