HAL starting to change some Caribbean itineraries

DFD1

I'm on that cruise and my itinerary states Tortola and St. Maarten (not San Juan) are replaced with St. Croix and Antigua. San Juan is still listed. Are you mistaken or did your notification really say this? I have not received any kind of email--I just checked my itinerary on the HAL website.

Travel agent just called. Suggested that we expect HAL to take San Juan port call off the Veendam December 8 sailing. No other information about a replacement port. HAL apparently has NOT made a final decision about this.

I am on the October 28 Nieuw Amsterdam. Received our e-mail this morning. Nassau has been substituted for Grand Turk. But St Thomas and San Juan are still on the itinerary.....

This makes little sense to me. We are on the Osterdam sailing of November 4 to San Juan/St Thomas and have been told there is no change to that itinerary while later cruises in December have removed St Thomas and San Juan both. HAL really has me confused on this. I'm expecting that we will not go to SJ or St Thomas, regardless of what we were told. Just expecting to be on a cruise on Nov 4 to somewhere. I'll just wait and see I guess.

I'm not counting on going to San Juan and St. Thomas in February. I expect The port area of Key West will be OK. I look at the news reports and have determined that...no matter what the cruise lines are saying or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not counting on going to San Juan and St. Thomas in February. I expect The port area of Key West will be OK. I look at the news reports and have determined that...no matter what the cruise lines are saying or not.

Key West re-opened to cruise ships this past weekend.

Travel agent just called. Suggested that we expect HAL to take San Juan port call off the Veendam December 8 sailing. No other information about a replacement port. HAL apparently has NOT made a final decision about this.

Interesting...everything that I have seen and heard about the situation in San Juan suggests that the terminal would not be ready for ships this year. So, what you say does not surprise me. Stay tuned!