Question on dining

Hello everyone;

I am looking for some insight into dining with Celebrity

My wife and I have done a few cruises, but almost all with NCL. We were attracted to the 'freestyle' idea, the ability to eat when we want, alone.

We were not enticed by the idea of having to eat at a set time and with strangers. We like to enjoy our time together when on a cruise and not have to sit with others.

We recently did a Disney cruise, the first time we broke out of the NCL mode, and though the set dining times were annoying, we got used to them.

The key thing was that the line made note of our desire to sit alone and on each meal we were able to do so.

I can't seem to find anything on the Celeb website saying if they will do the same.

Can anyone comment?

Is it set dining times and do you have to eat with others, or can they seat a couple privately?

Thanks in advance

You can eat at a table for 2 with either traditional or select dining. With select, just let the host/ess know before you are seated. We haven't done traditional for a long time but when we did it was noted on our reservation. You can also check with the maître d on embarkation day to see if your request was honored. If not, they can change it for you.

We have found every ship to be slightly different but we have never had a problem getting the size table that we preferred. You can go to the Maitre' D after boarding and place your preference or when you go to dinner, they will note your preference in their system. The time and availability of tables for 2 will determine if your request can be met immediately or if you will need to wait a little bit.

based on our experience, Celebrity will do all they can to meet your request.

You will be able to get, most, any size table you prefer. Just remember that there may be times when there will be a wait as some of us linger longer than others....

We have found that during popular times for dining can be the most challenging for immediate seating for two, 6.00p - 7.30p. at most a 15 - 20 minute wait. We had the bar near by so the time was not wasted! :D

You will be accommodated otherwise, for sure.

Edit: This would be for any dining room except OVC. For the specialty dining rooms you may be restricted to time as often tables for two (2) book quickly for early times...

bon voyage

From my experience with Celebrity select dine there’s is a major difference between “private dining” and tables for two people. There are many tables for two on the Solstice Class ships, but they are mostly very close together. There are a few tables that are more isolated. As long as you are just looking for a table for two, you should not have any issue.

From my experience Celebrity never puts you with other people in a Speciality restaurant nor do they even ask.

Enjoy your cruise. It will be a lot quieter than your Disney cruise.

Are you booked in traditional dining (set time) or Select (dine when you want)?

Sounds like you outdoor prefer Select if you are currently assigned Traditional them call and see if you can switch to Select. If it is unavailable asked to be placed on the Waitlist. Depending upon how long before you cruise you may clear the waitlist.

We have never had a problem getting a table for 2 in Select dining.

If you are assigned Traditional dining then call and request that your reservation indicate a table for 2 is your preference. Preferences can't always be accommodated but the request on the reservation can't hurt.

We are on Millie in February with select, can you pre-book times for dining or do you just show up when you wish and hope for the best?

You can do either. We usually make a reservation for tge first night or 2 & from then on when we are leaving the dining room we tell the hostess what time we expect to be there the following evening.

From my experience with Celebrity select dine there’s is a major difference between “private dining” and tables for two people. There are many tables for two on the Solstice Class ships, but they are mostly very close together. There are a few tables that are more isolated. As long as you are just looking for a table for two, you should not have any issue.

From my experience Celebrity never puts you with other people in a Speciality restaurant nor do they even ask.

Enjoy your cruise. It will be a lot quieter than your Disney cruise.

j - you are quite correct about Specialty Dining venues, I did not mean to insinuate that one had to specifically request a table for two (2) or they would be sat with others, only that tables for two (2) are not plentiful enough whereby they may have to select a time outside of a preferred dining time if they are fully booked for two (2) tops.

Thank you for the clarification.

bon voyage