Poll: Do You Care Who Your Cruise Director Is?

winddawn

Do you care or consider who the cruise director is before booking a Carnival cruise?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care or consider who the cruise director is before booking a Carnival cruise?

• Yes. I book my Carnival cruise based on who the cruise director is.
    • No. I couldn't care less who the cruise director is on my Carnival cruise.

CD's do have a positive purpose on ships. This being said, many of them use the "same old CCL play book", including the stale "most often asked question" routine, among others.

As much as I ignore their palaver, a cruise wouldn't be the same without them.;)

I couldn't tell you who our cruise directors were on our 1st two cruises, but we had Schwartz as our cruise director on out last cruise and loved him!!! He totally made the cruise even more wonderful!

That being said, no, we don't care who the cruise director is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

The only memorable cruise director was John Heald on the Elation in 1999. We had Schwartz for 14 days on the Magic as a sub for Dr.E. We had the pleasure to talk to him for a 1/2 hour or so. We got an interesting incite into their cruising life. Other than those 2 couldn't remember any others

Dr. E is the best we ever had. His shows in the atrium are not to be missed.

Of course, NOT.

How many times on the Newlywed game can a retired baptist minister admit to making WHOOPEE on the Lido deck at 2:00 am ? :D After the 3rd or 4th time the coincidence becomes very suspicious.

The same goes for the spoon on a string routine and other assorted stories, plays and games with passenger involvement. The best cruise director is one you seldom see that picks out, orders and controls the entertainment and the entertainers.

Admit it folks, your favorite cruise director is one you stumbled upon on the ship, who shook your hand and told you how glamorous you looked. :rolleyes: OR, in the case of John Heald, appears to have the inside INFO on the constantly changing policies of Carnival.

Do you care who your cruise director is? Please vote and share your thoughts if you like.

On Carnival, it makes no never mind. Their main job seems to be to interrupt my enjoyment of the Lido deck in mid afternoon to hold belly flop contests or to get people to dance to a very annoying line dance of some sort (that gets very old after the tenth time in a week).

The only time it made a difference was on Princess in the late 80's when Cruise directors would hold a show called London Pub Nights and perform singing and comedy routines that was very enjoyable and fun.

Edited by LuckyZ

No, I don't book my cruise based on the CD. I always book the largest ship sailing out of Miami. Some of the entertainers of the Fun Squad are actually a lot better than some of the CDs, and really stand out. That being said I have sailed with my least favorite CD three times. The last two times he was covering for the CD on vacation.

I've been on Sunshine 3X and Emma was cruise director all three.

I heard her "Good morning, lovelies" and other announcements but in three cruises, never laid eyes on her!

So no, I don't care....:'):'):'):'):')