Explore 4 vs beverage packages

Kate45

so we are booked for Alaska next year with the Explore 4 perk. All info forwarded to me thru my TA and HAL website says beverage pkg is maximum 15 drinks with a value of $9 or less per person. Just got my invoice from HAL and it says maximum of 15 drinks with a value of $9 or less to a value of $100 per stateroom or $50 per person per day. What? That's the first I heard that. Is the beverage pkg offered in the Explore 4 different from the other beverage pkg?

so we are booked for Alaska next year with the Explore 4 perk. All info forwarded to me thru my TA and HAL website says beverage pkg is maximum 15 drinks with a value of $9 or less per person. Just got my invoice from HAL and it says maximum of 15 drinks with a value of $9 or less to a value of $100 per stateroom or $50 per person per day. What? That's the first I heard that. Is the beverage pkg offered in the Explore 4 different from the other beverage pkg?

I had to read your post a couple of times but I think your concern is the $50 pp per day? That's not the limit for the package - that is the VALUE that HAL places on it. Basically, what you would pay if you bought the package.

There is no $ limit other than the $9 per drink or less and max of 15 per day.

I hope I interpreted your concern correctly.

With the Signature Beverage Package (SBP), either purchased outright, or received with the Explore-4 promotion, your maximum is 15 drinks of any kind at $9 each. If you purchased those drinks without the package you would spend $8.95 X 15% service charge = $10.30 X 15 drinks = $154.39. The SBP is worth $51 per day, so if you really like your drinks, you can really make out. In other words, if you drink 5 drinks at a menu price of $8.95, you are breaking even, and anything over that is free, up to the 15 limit.

I had to read your post a couple of times but I think your concern is the $50 pp per day? That's not the limit for the package - that is the VALUE that HAL places on it. Basically, what you would pay if you bought the package.

There is no $ limit other than the $9 per drink or less and max of 15 per day.

I hope I interpreted your concern correctly.

Sorry. I didn't mean to be confusing but I can see that it is. You understood completely and thank you for your response. I get it now. The explore 4 on the invoice is the "value" to HAL. But I'm not sure why they would say to a maximum of $100 per stateroom.

Sorry. I didn't mean to be confusing but I can see that it is. You understood completely and thank you for your response. I get it now. The explore 4 on the invoice is the "value" to HAL. But I'm not sure why they would say to a maximum of $100 per stateroom.

Probably to reflect the fact that only the first 2 pax in the cabin get the beverage package, would be my guess.

HAL website detail says that explore 4 offer is valid thru 31 Oct 2017 .

I have a question about the gratuities portion of the drink offer. Is the gratuity covered by the package, or will it show up on my on board bill as a separate charge. ?

I have a question about the gratuities portion of the drink offer. Is the gratuity covered by the package, or will it show up on my on board bill as a separate charge. ?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know when the current promo will end? Waiting to book a cruise because I know the prices will drop then.

Ask for the price without the promo, but also ask about a refundable/non-refundable deposit too. Let us know what you learn! Good luck with it! m--

Its all covered, no extra charges for gratuities on Explore 4.

If you purchase the beverage package outside of Explore 4 you pay the cost of the package plus the 15% up front on the package cost. No further charges for up to the 15 drinks per day.

BUT...if you don't care about having the beverage package, wait and book when the promotion has ended. The price should be lowered then. Or as Marilyn suggested, call and ask the price w/o. My husband doesn't drink and I always buy a wine package. So Explore4 is not something that appeals to us.