Sign in to follow this  
CC Help Michell

Reviews of the Week: maryjaden, reflectix1, BagIsPacked, simpleasnat, Happy retiree1

Every Thursday, we'll select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Harmony of the Seas Harmony Family Cruise - Eastern Sailing by maryjaden The Pools – All of the pools had life guards. RCI did a good job of keeping the adult pool to just adults. Just by walking around, I could see the chair hogs were out in full force if you wanted to be right next to the pool. However, you could find a random chair if you wanted to sit back a few rows. There were always chairs available in other areas. I also noticed that several nights the pools were closed by 8 pm. I also thought the kids’ pool was a very nice area. There were lifeguards and life jackets available as well as signage to keep an eye on your children posted in all of the pool areas...Read More

Celebrity Solstice First Cruise, First Time to Alaska! by reflectix1 Be prepared for overcast and rain. Also, rain can cancel some excursions with helicopters. Have a back up plan. We are from central Indiana so we are used to cold. It was not as cold as I thought it would be. On the top deck you are going 20 MPH and standing 14 stories up, so you will be chilly. The morning of the Fjords and glacier was cold. You will need to be layered with sweatshirt and jacket, depending on your temperature preferences. I didn't take gloves or a hat. Might need them on other excursions but we didn't. We were in late August...Read More

AmaSonata Enchanting Rhine Cruise by BagIsPacked The ship is beautiful and it's kept spotless, inside and out. The lounge is where the tended bar is (hard liquor, beer and wine for purchase except for during meal times when beer and wine are complimentary), a piano, a buffet for the light meals and snacks, a very small gift shop (the prices were better or the same as shops in the cities), and a self-serve coffee/espresso/capuccino bar that is available 24 hours a day. The lounge seating is well thought out to accommodate everything from individuals to couples to larger groups, and large windows surround the area so everyone has a nice view. There is a small partitioned section with books and two couches. There is an elevator that accesses all levels, but does not go up to the sun deck...Read More

Norwegian Epic Norwegian Epic July 2017 - Rome Embarkation by simpleasnat Dining was excellent. We always had dinner at The Manhattan, and hardly ever were we disappointed. I think there was maybe one night where we weren't fans of what we ordered, but they nailed almost everything else. I will say, they can't seem to get dessert right. It always fell short of my expectations. The creme brulee was delicious, definitely try that! Staff was very sweet and always made sure to seat us near a window. They started to recognize us as the girls who wanted dinner with a view, so at one point we didn't even have to ask anymore. They also sat us right next to the dance floor one night when there was a show happening, which was very kind of them. We had the best seats! Buffet was also pretty good, I especially liked the Asian food offered and the salad selection. Only ate there once, on the first day. O'Sheenan's had great breakfast, although I definitely preferred Taste for breakfast. Ate at Taste almost every morning before getting off the ship, and they were always accommodating when we told them we were in a rush because we had to meet for a tour...Read More

Emerald Dawn Delightful Cruise Down the Rhine to Nuremburg by Happy retiree1 We docked at a different port everyday and had a tour at each port. We were bused from the ship to where the tour started with our tour guides. They were local, excellent guides, who were informative & well trained. Generally the enjoyable tours were about 90 min with free time afterwards. Although time was short in some ports, we felt we got a good overview of the town. Most ports were popular tourist spots so for us the limited time was fine. also the temps were quite warm and humid in Aug so we were happy to return to the air-conditioned ship. We found that Europe does not seem to have a lot of air conditioned buildings. The Rhine gorge was indeed the highlight of our trip, Castles & picturesque villages around every corner. Make sure to be on the sun deck if the weather is good for your best pics. Emerald gives an accurate description of the towns we visited...Read More

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your review could be featured, and *you* could receive some logo stuff before your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review