14 day cruise and only 5 ports now not 8!!!!!!! Not cool

caddykid12

Waited 2 days after Final Payment for ncl to release the new 14 day itinerary and took away 3 ports!!!!

Who does 5 ports and 9 sea days on a 14 day cruise. Deff not on good terms with that

Originally was San Juan. St thomas st maarten tortola dominica barbados st lucia antigua

now we are

Fri New York, New York

Sat At Sea

Sun At Sea

Mon At Sea

Tue Oranjestad, Aruba8:00 Overnight

Wed Oranjestad, Aruba12:00 pm

Thu Willemstad, Curacao8:00 am5:00 Fri At Sea

Sat Bridgetown, Barbados8:00

Sun Castries, St. Lucia8:00 am5:00 Mon St. John's, Antigua8:00 am5:00 TueAt Sea

WedAt Sea

ThuAt Sea

FriNew York City, New York

Very dissapointed. They just want more sea days to re coupe thier loses

I understand your frustration, especially since NCL waited until AFTER final payment by just a couple days to release the new itinerary, but please do try and enjoy your trip. It is rare to hit the ABC islands on a roundtrip sailing from the Northeast US so that may be considered a bonus to many people [though I do agree with you that they should have announced the change early enough to allow those who do not consider it a bonus to cancel without penalty]. Also, the best parts of the original itinerary [barbados and St. Lucia] were salvaged. St. Thomas, Sint Maarten and San Juan are all lovely but "been-there-done-that" for most experienced cruisers [even without taking into consideration the massive hurricane damage] whilst your new itinerary has less common ports. I am also not a person who takes well to change, but sometimes in life we must just make the best out of a situation. I'm sure you will still have a lovely cruise.

At least you’re still calling on Barbados and St Lucia, we get to go to Jamaica and Grand Cayman. It might help if you were leaving from a port that wasn’t two or three days sailing from anywhere interesting. Be glad you’re not going to Nassau overnight.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Considering the situation you have little to complain about. Remember all of the lines cruising the Caribbean had to scramble to secure ports for their cruises. Your itinerary was the best they could do in the circumstances. Relax and enjoy. If you feel you won’t be able to enjoy feel free to turn your cruise over to me and my wife.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Too bad they couldn't fit in Bonaire but overnight in Aruba is nice. I would have preferred to have both Aruba overnight and Bonaire but take away Antigua, but then it might not work time wise.

I do believe NCL tried their best though. Considering the ship sails from NY, I can't quite imagine an itinerary that would have more islands, unless you want to have Freeport, Nassau, GSC, Port Canaveral in the mix.

So, after the hurricanes and ALL the discussions you had a chance to cancel?

But you waited...

Personally, I would live this itinerary. I love Southern Caribbean and I love sea days. Wish I could go but my schedule is nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree that NCL should have released this itinerary before final payment for those who did not like the new itinerary. Personally I wouldn't mind this itinerary.

Perhaps the itinerary wasn't finalized in time. The logistics of all the cruise lines trying to find berths and ports after such a disaster is insane.

I imagine the residents of those missed ports that have experienced the devastation to their homes and businesses are even more disappointed than are you. Darn mother nature and hurricanes!

I have read this comment repeatedly on these boards. Not one single person on this board or any of the other boards would wish on their worst enemy what these islands have gone through. It is truly devastating and beyond imaginable. However, that doesn't automatically exclude another person from feeling some sort of disappointment or frustration. We are all still entitled to feel whatever emotion we may feel on any given day without being made to feel small for it and without having it belittled. As much as all of us wish we could rewrite history (this being so very true for this past week), it can't be done. Can we at least please stop trying to make others feel small for having honest and completely human emotion?

Sigh. Getting very tired of the canard that they cancel ports 'to make more money on sea days...' I've posted this before, but lets be clear...

The line will lose far more on excursion revenue when missing a port then they will ever make on sea days ( a large ship can easily clear $40,000 to $100,000 per port pure profit on excursions, more when they are in high dollar ports like the med). This is especially true with the advent of drink packages which pretty much kill any additional drink revenue while increasing costs. They also burn more fuel to make power, water, etc as well as, well, move, they need to plan more activities, they use more food, and on and on. In contrast, passengers pay the port costs, once tied up the ship only pays for power and water and some admin costs. Depending on the port they may lose a cut of onshore purchases as well, plus it doesn't play well with their shopping partners who pay a LOT of money to be represented on ship.

The cruise lines LOSE money when they change a port to a sea day.

Now if you want to make the case they waited until final payment so people couldn't cancel? I'll certainly allow that as a possibility and consider it dirty pool. And you are more than welcome to be unhappy about the change. Just don't blame it on a false premise. They changed the ports because they had to.

I do feel a change of itinerary of that magnitude should have come for an offer of a free cancellation even though it was after final payment. I know that cruise lines can change itineraries but that change is really too radical to be covered by that

I would love that itinerary.

All things considered after multiple hurricanes you should be thankful for a schedule like that.

Picked this quote as representative of a whole bunch of cheerleading quotes.

If this is such a great itinerary, why is it not in the regular schedule?

If this is an itinerary that the OP would love, why did they book the original?

It seems very odd to me that a 14 day cruise would cut out four of nine ports days.

To the OP, make sure you get the port fees and taxes for the miss port days refunded.

At least you still can get to your cruise. I just learned Delta cancelled our flights for the end of December to San Juan and never bothered to tell us (found out from a fellow CruiseCritic post on our roll call since the same happened to him). So we have a great new itinerary on a 10 day cruise 2 1/2 months from now, but no flight to get there (they offered money back, but a replacement flight is now 5 times what we booked it for). I would trade situations with the OP if I had the choice, especially with an overnight in Bonaire.