WARNING - Delta cancelling flights to and from San Juan and not informing passengers!

A helpful thread with an informative title...THANKS

You are welcome. Thought I would make the thread title something easy to understand and not some cryptic title that is so ambiguous you need to click on it to see what the heck people are trying to tell you.

Did you book directly through Delta, or through a third party site? If the later, that could explain why. I don't ever remember getting an email about a schedule changed when I've booked through Priceline/Orbitz/Travelocity in the past. I find everything runs more smoothly when booking direct anyway.

We booked directly through Delta and always do. No third party site involved. Unfortunately, no communication even though we booked directly with them.

Interesting...when I called Delta today they only said I could get tickets for the following day

Perhaps other flights are completely booked. If that's the case, they won't throw someone off a confirmed flight to accommodate someone else whose flight was canceled.

Thanks for opening this thread.

I checked my Delta (directly booked ) flights and my 3rd Dec flight DL322 was indeed cancelled. I never received any notification about that. A real melt down of information and blow to customer satisfaction. I am currently on a cruise ship in the Med and we had a wait time to reach Delta reservations of >1hour. With ship's satellite connection it was not possible to establish a connection.

We finally contacted family at home and they managed to have us rebooked. If this thread was not here.........I had my surprises in San Juan.......

Thanks here and what a shame with Delta

Edited by salmonoftheseas

Thank you so much for alerting us about this! The first leg of our Dec. 30th reservation was indeed cancelled (San Juan to Atlanta) but not the 2nd leg (Atlanta to San Francisco). After a two hour call back time, I spoke to someone at Delta. There was no way they could get the 5 of us to our connecting flight, and we cancelled the whole reservation. Hopefully we receive the full refund they said I will get in 7-10 days.

Rebooked on Jet Blue, and hoping for the best!

I have a friend who lives in San Juan. Based on what he is telling me I don't see

how that city will be ready for business anytime soon. He has to stand in line

every day just to get water. The only power he has is an extension cord from the

upstairs neighbor who has a generator. He is able to power up his cell phone with

that. Generators have to be cut off after 10 due to the noise that they make.

Thanks for opening this thread.

I checked my Delta (directly booked ) flights and my 3rd Dec flight DL322 was indeed cancelled. I never received any notification about that. A real melt down of information and blow to customer satisfaction. I am currently on a cruise ship in the Med and we had a wait time to reach Delta reservations of >1hour. With ship's satellite connection it was not possible to establish a connection.

We finally contacted family at home and they managed to have us rebooked. If this thread was not here.........I had my surprises in San Juan.......

Thanks here and what a shame with Delta

Glad I could help. Friends cruising with us in December out of San Juan are also on a European cruise right now and then they go directly onto a 14 day transatlantic cruise. They do not check their emails while away on holidays, so I am sure they will not be happy when they check their flights several weeks from now, assuming they are cancelled like many of us on this thread.