V7331 New Ports ofCall

Stem to Stern

I just logged into PCPC and a sea day, Antigua, and St Kitts have replaced St Marteen, St Bart’s, and Tortola. Key West remains. I love St Kitts, but I am a bit confused by the three sea days to get from Fort Lauderdale to Antigua. Maybe Crystal will get into another port on that third sea day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by summit011604

Thank you for the update summit011604!

I also confirm that I logged into PCPC and saw the new itinerary: Antigua, St Kitts and Key West. (5 sea days instead of 4.)

We are very pleased that Crystal shared rerouting details in advance. I got thinking we might not hear updates until a few days prior to departure. I apologize to all for my recent antsy posts about our itinerary!

I do hope that Crystal will add one more port of call as we cruise to explore the land. Sounds like an oxymoron but I know we're not alone!

At the end of the day, the reason for the rerouting is heartbreaking. We continue to keep those who faced Irma and Maria's wrath in our thoughts and prayers. We'll make the best of things. A sea day on Crystal sure does beat a work day on land. (That said, please add one more port if you can, Crystal! LOL! )

Edited by BeachTunes

In the past the web site and/or PCPC has been update in advance of notification about changes. Notification normally

is sent to the TA's who have client(s) on a particular sailing and to guests directly if they booked directly with Crystal.

It is possible that they are still finalizing everything and waiting to send out one e-mail.

Wishing all of you a wonderful cruise.

Keith

In the past the web site and/or PCPC has been update in advance of notification about changes. Notification normally

is sent to the TA's who have client(s) on a particular sailing and to guests directly if they booked directly with Crystal.

It is possible that they are still finalizing everything and waiting to send out one e-mail.

Wishing all of you a wonderful cruise.

Keith

My TA has my docs. the docs are wrong but she went into her computer and found the new ports. she did not tell me the new times. seems on two cruise i have extra sea days. something i did not want. I like the sun And get enough at beaches.

Sea days are the best days on Crystal! There is SO much to do, I rarely find time to sit by the pool.:cool: You're in for a treat!

Indeed, Crystal does offer a lot of enrichment and indoor activities during sea days. For us, we prefer to be outside doing something more active while exploring new places. In our opinion, only 3 ports of call on a 9 night Caribbean itinerary is one sea day too many. I know others will disagree. To each their own. I worry that my husband will go squirrelly with 5 days at sea! ;) A transatlantic crossing is NOT on our bucket list. LOL!) Perhaps we are outnumbered but I hope we see an additional port added.

We will make the best of whatever happens. The staff on board are fabulous so we will look on the bright side that we will have more time to get to know them.

Number of sea days aside, we are looking forward to St Kitts as we have never been. Nevis is very alluring.

As for Antigua, we are considering sourcing a driver to explore Nelson's Dockyard, Shirley Heights, The Devil's Bridge, have lunch and make a quick beach stop.

We visited Antigua in 2015 while on the Celebrity Summit and took the public bus from town to Turner's Beach, home of an exquisite restaurant called "Jacqui O's Beach House". Lunch was sublime and the beach was stunning. Highly recommended for those who want an elegant but relaxed beach dining experience. Reservations are advised.

Google says that Jacqui O's is permanently closed but they're simply closed for the off season and are scheduled to be back by November 2nd. The owner Lance can arrange transportation if taking the public bus isn't up your alley. We loved the public bus and rode it with some kids who got dropped off at the local elementary school. One little guy entertained us with card tricks! :)

We were thinking about revisiting Jacqui O's but like to see new places. Decisions, decisions!