Cruise Critic Community
Sunburg1

Money for Pre-Cruise in Prague

We will get into Prague late on a Monday, Have a tour etc. on Tuesday then leave early on Wednesday for the ship. I know they do not use the Euro but do not want to change too much into Czech currency. We do not plan to buy anything except meals.

Can we just use a credit card for meals? Any money related experiences?

We will get into Prague late on a Monday, Have a tour etc. on Tuesday then leave early on Wednesday for the ship. I know they do not use the Euro but do not want to change too much into Czech currency. We do not plan to buy anything except meals.

Can we just use a credit card for meals? Any money related experiences?

I used my credit card at quite a few of the restaurants. My hotel was also able to change some of my euros into the local currency, which we needed for the tram.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just back from Danube cruise with 2 nights in Prague precruise. Every place we ate took cards, no problem. Street vendors would only take cash so we used a little sampling for lunch one day but $50 in koruna should be plenty.

I just pulled small amounts of cash out of the ATM. It was easy and I didn't have to worry about being scammed at money exchanges.

I just pulled small amounts of cash out of the ATM. It was easy and I didn't have to worry about being scammed at money exchanges.

Same here - we spent 2 weeks in Prague and used our cards almost exclusively. ATMs for local currency for incidentals such as tram tickets and grocery store.

All above is true, one more comment would be to avoid all currency exchange location at the airport and on the street. Most exchange locations are in Prague are NOT run by banks. YouTube has an excellent series of videos "Honest Guide" Prague that we found very helpful. They extensively discuss currency in the city.

We bought  combo ticket for the six synagogue museums.  They took cash only.