Ok to leave our chair for 30 to 45 minutes lunch or go for a walk?

Produce123

If you are USING the chairs (which include pool time, and bathroom breaks), it's your chair. If you decide to leave the pool for some other activity....like leisurely strolls about the ship, vacate your chairs....and find others when you return. There really are plenty! You chair neighbors will tell others if someone is USING the loungers...so make friends with your chair neighbors!

If Carnival says 40 minutes is fine, then I'll give you 40 minutes. Any longer than that and it's not your chair unless you're sitting in it--I don't care what else you might be doing. Chairs are for sitting, not storing your belongings until you might want to use the chair.

On our last cruise, we did wander around EVERY deck and there were NO chairs that weren't either occupied or had stuff on them. After our third round, we moved stuff and claimed two chairs. No regrets!

As soon as we were done laying on those chairs, we picked up our stuff and left. We would never leave our belongings in a place if we are going to be in a different place. Its so weird to me that this is such a problem. If we left for an hour, got lunch, and then decided we wanted to lay in the chairs some more, we'd find new chairs! If everybody did this, there would probably never be a shortage of chairs, because the odds are so small that they would all be occupied at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you aren't using it, leave it for someone else, A 5-10 minutes, fine, use the bathroom, quick dip, shower fine but longer, nope ,

Spoken like a true chair bully. Who do you think you are to say 5-10 minutes is OK but 30 minutes is not.

What if I want to grab a bite but the line is long?

In my opinion, there are enough loungers on the ship for everyone who wants one. But those that choose to get up at noon insist on sitting by the pool or serenity deck instead of where there are chairs on other parts of the ship.

My opinion, get up and walk or eat for 30 minutes, and be able to go back and enjoy the chair you have rightful ownership.

Sorry but Carnival authorizes people to leave their chair for 40 minutes while still retaining it. What the people do in that 40 minute period is up to them. Carnival's house, Carnival's rules.

I agree. 5-10 minutes, like some are saying, is ridiculous. It takes longer than that just to go to the bathroom.;p

Spoken like a true chair bully. Who do you think you are to say 5-10 minutes is OK but 30 minutes is not.

In my opinion, there are enough loungers on the ship for everyone who wants one. But those that choose to get up at noon insist on sitting by the pool or serenity deck instead of where there are chairs on other parts of the ship.

My opinion, get up and walk or eat for 30 minutes, and be able to go back and enjoy the chair you have rightful ownership.

What about those of us who just want to use the pool for an hour in the afternoon? There are rarely any seats to be found. I don't want to sit at the pool the whole day, I just want to use it for a bit, dry off in the sun and then go do something else. So it's annoying to come by the pool in the afternoon to see loads of empty chairs occupied by towels, a flip flop, etc and no people.

I'm sorry but if you leave your chair and don't come back within a reasonable amount of time, say 20 minutes, I won't hesitate to move your stuff off to the side and use the chair myself.

Disclaimer, I don't move personal items, only unused towels.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If the line is long then return to your chair and try the line again in 30 minutes or so. I agree that leaving your chair for a dip or bathroom break (10 mins or so) is fine, longer that and you are a chair hog. :D

enjoy the chair you have rightful ownership.

Rightful ownership??? Did you buy it? is it titled in your name? Did you rent it for an allotted time?

No, you did none of these things except for sitting in a public chair for whatever time you sat...then you get up and think coming back 30 or more minutes later still establishes rightful ownership...good luck with that as it is there for the enjoyment of EVERYONE on the ship...if CCL puts a 40 min limit on it then so be it but you as a passenger have no say in any time that extends beyond the rules of CCL unless you stay seated (or have someone sit on your behalf)...:rolleyes:

Yeah I want looking thru past post. And found where my confusion came from. When the policy was first talked about it was going to be 15 minutes. Then people complained that was not enough time. So I will ask again what I asked then. How is fair if you come up to the lido deck. And can not get a lounger or a place to sit and eat, where there are people who have both. They are sitting at a table but their 40 minutes are not up yet.

Yeah I want looking thru past post. And found where my confusion came from. When the policy was first talked about it was going to be 15 minutes. Then people complained that was not enough time. So I will ask again what I asked then. How is fair if you come up to the lido deck. And can not get a lounger or a place to sit and eat, where there are people who have both. They are sitting at a table but their 40 minutes are not up yet.

We understand your plight, but it is a vacation and everyone will do as they please, some with the rules some against. I'm not being sarcastic as we've cruised since we were 21 and I'm 61 now.

Oh how I loved the Carnival Festivale lol.

We always found common sense prevailed.

I would suggest you get up earlier if possible.

Going out at 11-12 - you will fond the chairs filled.

I wish you luck and enjoy the cruise.

Once in a while if it is just towels, I'll ask the person nearby if anyone has been here in a while.

If they say no, they that could be fair game, but expect the unexpected.

Have a great day and lets all get along!

If they are complying with the rule, they aren't wrong. If you think the rule should be changed, write to the company.

we don't sit at a table, we bring the food back to our lounger. but if the line at the cantina is long, i will use up my full forty minutes to make sure i get my shrimp tacos!

How on earth do Carnival police such a ridiculous rule? So you can leave for 40 minutes but you need to leave your belongings in the chairs (2 of) for this time period, but when the 40 minutes are up, you have to be back or ........

Its not me, but it a vacation that I enjoy and being around the pool with my wife.

I'll be glad to point out others that don't come back and to help others.

This about our 30th cruise and we respect everyones right and view.

Im not good at writing emails either.

All I'm saying is out routine is early to the pool and we leave early afternoon.

Being on the meds and sun don't always agree so we are out early.

Sorry if I come across the wrong way.

But what the person asked was fair to do imo.

You came across fine. That other poster doesn't think it's fair that people use their chairs all day. Seems she thinks she gets to police how others spend their vacation. You clearly said you were using the chair, not just putting stuff in it and going off to do something else.

You came across fine. That other poster doesn't think it's fair that people use their chairs all day. Seems she thinks she gets to police how others spend their vacation. You clearly said you were using the chair, not just putting stuff in it and going off to do something else.

You're not addressing the correct post, and "she" doesn't think that "she" can police anyone, but "she" has the right to an opinion about people thinking that only their desires matter.

How on earth do Carnival police such a ridiculous rule? So you can leave for 40 minutes but you need to leave your belongings in the chairs (2 of) for this time period, but when the 40 minutes are up, you have to be back or ........

It can work, what would you suggest as a better policy?

Don’t be a lounge chair hog. There are thousands of other passengers on the ship who may want a opportunity to sit out there and relax for a while. If you’re not in the pool or the bathroom, give someone else an opportunity to use the lounge chair.