Ok to leave our chair for 30 to 45 minutes lunch or go for a walk?

Produce123

As long as y’all are fighting over loungers by the pool, you’re staying away from me...so I don’t really have a dog in this hunt. But to put it in my terms...would it be cool for me to snag one of my coveted alchemy bar seats...put a jacket on the stool and take off for 45 mins?

Very True! As long as someone is actually using the chair, not a chair hog!

Does that same “not a chair hog” logic apply to people who decide to spend a couple of hours at tables in the Buffet at times when available tables are extremely scarce during breakfast or lunch time?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Depending, even with sunscreen can someone really spend 8 hours in the Caribbean sun? Have you ever seen the Lido deck more than 75% actually seated human beings, not. We are lazy, especially on Sea Days, sleep late, breakfast around 11, so not sunning until after noon. Rarely is there a spot on the Serenity Deck, but lots of towels without people. We do usually find a spot somewhere. The chair hog situation is untenable and mostly unenforceable.

I don't spend 10 full minutes in the sun. But if someone else wants to fry and is in the chair it's THEIR business, not mine. Seriously.

Does that same “not a chair hog” logic apply to people who decide to spend a couple of hours at tables in the Buffet at times when available tables are extremely scarce during breakfast or lunch time?

Nothing on a ship is designed to accommodate all guests at once. Nothing. Not a dining room, not a theater, nothing. Guests have different preferences. If someone parks themselves at a slot machine all day to play, so be it, they were there first.

If you are sitting in a chair enjoying it for 30 minutes, 60 minutes, 180 minutes...and I can't find a chair, that's a problem between me and Carnival. I have no right to approach you and ask you to vacate a chair for me. Further, I have no expectation of it!

but at the same point, DH & I have had 2 chairs before that we were siting in. & one of us would get up to get a drink or use restroom or grab pizza from buffet, get more sunscreen from cabin. and we were there from like 9am to 3pm. and at all times one of us was there. and if you add up all of the minutes that one of us was not there probably totaled 1 hour combined.

and people would complain that we were hogging the chairs. even though our butts were physically in the chair.

do i think people "hog" chairs by leaving towels on it for hours. yes. do i think physically being in the chair is hogging it. no. but there are people who think that is hogging!

If you are taking a limited resource that is there for all passengers and using it exclusively for yourself you are a chair hog. People may not realize it since you have a butt in the chair, and so no one hassles you, but the underlying reality is the same.

It’s called good manners and being fair to everyone on board. We all pay to use the lounge chairs near the pool and in other prime areas. If you monopolize it all day, you’re not being considerate of others. If I eat dinner in the dining room and decide to sit through two sittings, what should the cruise line say to people who have reserved the second siting? It’s only common sense that you should be considerate of others. Besides, all day in the sun will only make your dermatologist happy in the end.

They used to teach about sharing in kindergarten.

How would you feel if you paid several thousand dollars for a beautiful cruise and couldn’t get a lounge near the pool because people “camped out” at the pool all day hogging the lounge chairs? Do you believe everyone who paid for the privilege of sitting near the pool should get to do so occasionally? If not, you are the definition of a chair hog.

I would feel fine. I have no issue with people actively USING the chairs, even if its the whole day. I only have issues with people “claiming” them and being gone for hours and no one is actively using them.

Really, if the only empty chair I can find has towel on it, I move the towel and sit in it. If someone were to come back and claim that it was their chair and towel ( hasn't happened yet), I would politely give up the chair and find another and do the same. There are literally dozens to choose from.