Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chetsky

Specialty Restaurant on the Grandeur ?

Anyone know if there is a specialty restaurant on the Grandeur? Also, how's the food quality and service oin the regular dining rooms ?

We just came off the Grandeur yesterday. There are no specialty restuarants on board. We found the service in the dining room very good and have no complaints about the food. It was far better than I had expected. The Windjammer Cafe is also open for dinner as an alternative.

was it the 5 nt. cruise to Cozumel and Costa Maya and were you able to go to Coz??? Leaving 1/9/06 also...Jill;) Who was the CD???

We were on the five night to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. In Cozumel they used large ferry type boats as tenders. You do need to take a taxi into town from the drop off site. We did not go ashore since this was our sixth visit. We did hear from some passengers that the devistation was evident but about 75% of the shops were open. The piers have not been rebuilt.

There wasn't a specialty restaurant on Grandeur during the 9 night we went on starting 10/28/05. I can tell you that the Gatsby was awesome imho. I am a very picky eater, pretty much a meat and potatoes kind of guy, and never had any problem getting what I wanted. We usually did breakfast and lunch in the Windjammer, and dinner every night except one in the Gatsby. Our waiter and assistant waiter were incredible, remembering from one night to the next my personal preferences and such (like coffee with my meal). I was very happy with the food, as you can tell. Hope this helps, if you'd like to ask me something else, please email or contact by IM.

Herb

I have sailed on the Grandeur twice now and each time we ony had excellent service in the dining room. They went out of their way to accommodate every need. For example, there was an appetizer on the menu one evening that our entire table enjoyed so much that we all had seconds, but the best surprise was the next evening they brought it out to us again and it was not even on the menu that night. I can't speak highly enough about our dining experience. Just remember whatever you ask for, they will do anything to try to accommodate your needs. If you want something that isn't on the menu that evening, just ask. We always asked for the fudge brownie that they served at lunch for dessert at dinner we always got what we wanted!! Hope this helps.