Laundry Service Question

Sailing on Anthem.

I usually pack light and do a load mid-vacation, but found out RCCL doesn't have self serve laundry.

If we use the stuff a bag for $30 special, is this like Carnival where they toss your bag in on a hot cycle and then dry/fold it?

I have items I would not washed in hot (and some I prefer to hang to dry). Just wondering the process used? I don't want to get my stuff back 3 sizes smaller because they washed on hot and dried on hot! lol

I send out a bag of socks and underwear and maybe some t shirts on all of my longer RCI cruises. I would never send anything I care about---qualitiy varies widely from sailing to sailing ("folded" has meant balled up and wrinkled like crazy sometimes, and nice other times).

It does seem the entire bag goes in with everything from everyone else and in hot water. I'ven even had white things come back very lightly tinged with color from someone else's dark item that still bleeds (once pale blue/grey and once pink, in niether case did we have anyhting in those colors to have caused the bleeding)

Edited by xxHadleyxx

Sailing on Anthem.

I usually pack light and do a load mid-vacation' date=' but found out RCCL doesn't have self serve laundry.

If we use the stuff a bag for $30 special, is this like Carnival where they toss your bag in on a hot cycle and then dry/fold it?

I have items I would not washed in hot (and some I prefer to hang to dry). Just wondering the process used? I don't want to get my stuff back 3 sizes smaller because they washed on hot and dried on hot! lol[/quote']

Yes, and it is $35

😊

Sailing on Anthem.

I usually pack light and do a load mid-vacation' date=' but found out RCCL doesn't have self serve laundry.

I have items I would not washed in hot (and some I prefer to hang to dry). Just wondering the process used? I don't want to get my stuff back 3 sizes smaller because they washed on hot and dried on hot! lol[/quote']

I would not put anything but underwear and socks in that bag.

• 3 weeks later...

This is something RCL could really improve on and start offering self serve laundry as other lines do. When doing a LONG trip or I can imagine if you had kids with you the laundry really comes in handy. This will really hinder us in choosing them when we are traveling to another port to board them.

This is something RCL could really improve on and start offering self serve laundry as other lines do. When doing a LONG trip or I can imagine if you had kids with you the laundry really comes in handy. This will really hinder us in choosing them when we are traveling to another port to board them.

I 100% agree!

No irons. I have no problem washing underwear in the bathroom sink or shower. Do it every cruise. I do send out socks, casual shorts, and t-shirts, but that is because we get the bag of laundry done free due to our C&A status. Before we attained that level, I also washed t-shirts and my gym shorts in the cabin. No big deal to me.

I know that RCI doesn't allow passengers to bring an iron aboard. NCL has a similar rule, but allows folks to borrow one of their irons and ironing board to use in your cabin to touch things up. Can an iron be borrowed from RCI?

No borrowing of irons. You can send clothes out to be ironed/pressed. The charge is approximately half of full laundry price.

Wait. So if i send a bag of laundry it will be washed in the same machine at the same time as someone’s underwear? [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. Are you bothered by that?

(Did you really think that they wash those very very small amounts of clothing separately, load after load after load after load after load after load..........?)

Used it, did not put anything crazy in the bag and got all of my stuff back without any issues. I completely stuffed the bag and everything came back in another bag folded, only issue that we had was that as someone else has stated do not put whites in there. They will not come back white whatsoever! I wish that they did have laundry facilities but oh well, I still will enjoy my cruise! I do not want to return home with a suitcase full of smelly laundry.

Yes. Are you bothered by that?

(Did you really think that they wash those very very small amounts of clothing separately, load after load after load after load after load after load..........?)

Yes thought so. But guess I’m wrong. Still I say yuk!

Your laundry will be placed in a mesh bag for the laundry and drying process. Does that help? They use huge machines for the cleaning and drying process.

I don’t wash my undies with any one else’s. No laundry on the ship for me!

No irons. I have no problem washing underwear in the bathroom sink or shower. Do it every cruise. I do send out socks, casual shorts, and t-shirts, but that is because we get the bag of laundry done free due to our C&A status. Before we attained that level, I also washed t-shirts and my gym shorts in the cabin. No big deal to me.

Same deal on NCL, no laundromat , but platinum status there gets you a free bag of laundry, otherwise we just use the sink, never make the mistake of bringing white clothing.

Same deal on NCL, no laundromat , but platinum status there gets you a free bag of laundry, otherwise we just use the sink, never make the mistake of bringing white clothing.

I know many people say they do laundry in their sinks. My only problem with that is you have all your undies hanging all over your bathroom and cabin for the room steward to see. ;) They also have to try to figure how to clean the room and bathroom while your stuff is hanging in their way. Any thoughts? I'm going on a 12 day and may need to do this. Also, where do you hang everything? We aren't going to have a balcony.

I know many people say they do laundry in their sinks. My only problem with that is you have all your undies hanging all over your bathroom and cabin for the room steward to see. ;) They also have to try to figure how to clean the room and bathroom while your stuff is hanging in their way. Any thoughts? I'm going on a 12 day and may need to do this. Also, where do you hang everything? We aren't going to have a balcony.

If leaving the room when the steward would come on, I’d let them hang in one of the closets