RebelAthena

Final Payment Issue

Using a booking website that would make Captain Kirk happy, I booked an NCL cruise and was advised that my final payment was due 10/27.

That booking agency called today to report that our final payment was two-weeks overdue and that, if not paid immediately, our reservation would be canceled. :mad:

After verifying that it wasn't some sort of scam, I discovered that this booking site had miscalculated the final due date; for months they have been sending me a reminder to pay on an incorrect date. The problem? We booked a Haven suite, which carries an earlier final payment date than the rest of the ship, and the booking website was oblivious to this fact.

Compounding the problem is that this vacation involves another couple (who is out of town); my portion of the cruise is safely tucked away in a bank account that requires me to physically collect the money (that way I can't spend it), and the bank is now closed following my 45-minute conversation with said travel agency.

I am livid. We'll pay in the next 48 hours; if it's cancelled before then, perhaps it's fate.

I hope you get this resolved.

I have used Captn Kirk's agency for booking accommodations and have been badly burnt by it. I prefer to use the others.

And the agency has no sympathy for their own statements with incorrect due dates? If they let it get canceled and don't do right by you, escalate to the management/owners and make a scene.

Using a booking website that would make Captain Kirk happy, I booked an NCL cruise and was advised that my final payment was due 10/27.

That booking agency called today to report that our final payment was two-weeks overdue and that, if not paid immediately, our reservation would be canceled. :mad:

After verifying that it wasn't some sort of scam, I discovered that this booking site had miscalculated the final due date; for months they have been sending me a reminder to pay on an incorrect date. The problem? We booked a Haven suite, which carries an earlier final payment date than the rest of the ship, and the booking website was oblivious to this fact.

Compounding the problem is that this vacation involves another couple (who is out of town); my portion of the cruise is safely tucked away in a bank account that requires me to physically collect the money (that way I can't spend it), and the bank is now closed following my 45-minute conversation with said travel agency.

I am livid. We'll pay in the next 48 hours; if it's cancelled before then, perhaps it's fate.

Exactly the type of thing you avoid by booking directly with NCL. There is precious any outside site or TA can get you that you cannot get yourself through NCL if you know how to do it.

And the agency has no sympathy for their own statements with incorrect due dates? If they let it get canceled and don't do right by you, escalate to the management/owners and make a scene.

Oh yeah great advice. They are really going to be in a mind to help her if she calls and "makes a scene". Making "demands" is the best way to ensure that your request is denied.

If you have a credit card, pay it now (unless you want to risk it). Then pay off the credit card when you can get the money. I also would ask how they could continue to make a mistake and yet hold you to fixing it ASAP. When someone makes a mistake, they need to allow some time for you to rectify it. Do not use them again.

Oh yeah great advice. They are really going to be in a mind to help her if she calls and "makes a scene". Making "demands" is the best way to ensure that your request is denied.

What request???? They screwed up and then screw the customer? That's not a request. That's risking thousands of dollars of your customer's money.

Read what I wrote again. I said

IF they let it get cancelled

and

IF they don't make good

then, yes, escalate and make a stink. Call the BBB and your state's AG offices. Document your situation and keep every piece of evidence of their mistake.

No company likes a noisy unhappy customer. If they have a storefront go in when others are present and make a scene. Be loud.. If online, find every way you can to bring negative attention to them. Because they apparently don't care enough about the lost booking (hell, maybe the cruise line protects their commission in the deposit.)

I negotiate with companies every day for a living. If they are not doing their job, be demanding and ugly but not inappropriate. Call them twice a day every day. It's their mistake. Make them feel pain.

I used them before and they really pulled through for me due to the repositions of ships back in 2014 (15?). I was scheduled on the Jade out of NO, but that was canceled and The Jade was brought to Tampa along with a lot of other ship changes. NCL was only going to offer me, sail one year earlier or $25.

When I called them and told them I wanted price protection for the Jade out of Tampa they made it happen even after many others were declined the same request by NCL. The agent said that Captain Kirk agent sells more cruises than NCL and they have a lot of pull. I believe they buy blocks of rooms, so they probably have more time on due dates before they return the blocks of rooms.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Exactly the type of thing you avoid by booking directly with NCL. There is precious any outside site or TA can get you that you cannot get yourself through NCL if you know how to do it.

Not at all true.

NCL would NOT match my TAs incentives. They flat out said, book with TA. This is for a Haven, a cabin I'd imagine they have the most cushion to adjust incentives.

Not at all true.

NCL would NOT match my TAs incentives. They flat out said, book with TA. This is for a Haven, a cabin I'd imagine they have the most cushion to adjust incentives.

This is why I booked with the Cap'n -- they tripled what we could get for OBC (we're realizing about 15% of our purchase price in OBC), combined it with the "Free At Sea," and they threw in a birthday package for free (not to mention the cash rebate site that works with the Cap'n).

Now, mind you they've done me a disservice, but it's a good deal if I can keep it.

If you have a credit card, pay it now (unless you want to risk it). Then pay off the credit card when you can get the money. I also would ask how they could continue to make a mistake and yet hold you to fixing it ASAP. When someone makes a mistake, they need to allow some time for you to rectify it. Do not use them again.

Agree, pay with a credit card. If you let it ride and see what happens you may find that NCL cancels your reservation and forfeits your deposit for not cancelling before the final payment date.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What request???? They screwed up and then screw the customer? That's not a request. That's risking thousands of dollars of your customer's money.

Read what I wrote again. I said

IF they let it get cancelled

and

IF they don't make good

then, yes, escalate and make a stink. Call the BBB and your state's AG offices. Document your situation and keep every piece of evidence of their mistake.

No company likes a noisy unhappy customer. If they have a storefront go in when others are present and make a scene. Be loud.. If online, find every way you can to bring negative attention to them. Because they apparently don't care enough about the lost booking (hell, maybe the cruise line protects their commission in the deposit.)

I negotiate with companies every day for a living. If they are not doing their job, be demanding and ugly but not inappropriate. Call them twice a day every day. It's their mistake. Make them feel pain.

The obvious point went right over your little pumpkin head. I'll let you figure it out on your own. You must be one heck of a negotiator if you think "making a scene" is the best way to get anything accomplished.

Not at all true.

I never said anyone would MATCH anything. However you can easily find deals as good as the TA deals and avoid having a third party in the middle of your reservation to muck things up.

The obvious point went right over your little pumpkin head.

Once NCL cancels your booking you have no leverage. It's done. gone. So what's left once that happens but to make it difficult for them? Companies like this are why we have "Action News Investigators" and Better Business Bureaus. This agency has already demonstrated they won't make right by their mistake. OP has already made it clear they can't get their money until Monday and is split with another family - putting it all on their credit card isn't sensible, if they even have enough credit limit to cover both families.

So go ahead and disagree with what I am saying; better yet, suggest your own approach.

But what I quoted above puts you in the class of worst participants here. Belittling people and calling them names is completely uncalled for. Talk about the issues. Do not attack other posters.

...Compounding the problem is that this vacation involves another couple (who is out of town); my portion of the cruise is safely tucked away in a bank account that requires me to physically collect the money (that way I can't spend it), and the bank is now closed following my 45-minute conversation with said travel agency...

If you only have CASH (no credit card) - how do you get that money to them?

I know it is too late now, but for the future it would be better to go through a reputable TA, not an on line one or book directly through the cruise line. I just hope you get all this straightened out. I am so sorry you had to have problems. Keep us posted.