Cruise Critic Community
mrsboca

Bonaire Golf Cart rental

We rented one a couple weeks ago and agree this is the best way to see the island. It's awesome. Handy tips though, 1, take water 2, sunscreen. 3. Facilities are non existent almost, in more remote areas so just get back in tune with nature.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks so much for the replies. Very helpful. Do you recommend reserving prior or waiting til we arrive in port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Definitely reserve asap, they go fast. Be sure to go south, there is a lot of traffic going north.

We rented one a couple weeks ago and agree this is the best way to see the island. It's awesome. Handy tips though, 1, take water 2, sunscreen. 3. Facilities are non existent almost, in more remote areas so just get back in tune with nature.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We rented a golf cart in December and loved it. We took our time doing the south route. Loved seeing flamingos, donkeys, wind surfers, etc. We stopped for lunch at a beach grille and used their facilities. Definitely bring plenty of water and sunscreen.

Just a question. How about insurance?? Pretty sure your car insurance wont cover any offroading on unpaved road. Did they make you sign a waiver? Just curious.

I was also wondering about this. I’m not overly concerned, but I guess you never know what could happen.

Insurance is included in your rental cost. Don’t remember coverage amounts, but I’m sure if you e-mail them they will provide exact coverage. This is a great company to deal with.

Did this in January and throughly enjoyed it, my DW even more, as I did all the driving. One tip, do not leave anything in the cart or the basket when you leave the cart. A couple off in front of us stopped for a brief visit to the local beach and figured it would only be a quick photo stop. In the brief time they were off, someone, likely on a motorcycle or moped, grabbed their small pack out of the basket and kept on going. We used a small backpack and just carried it at every stop.