Barrachina - Tipping suggestions for luggage storage?

jmb1550

• 1 year later...
On 8/13/2019 at 7:57 AM, tartana said:

Has anyone stored luggage at Barrachina lately?  I'm wondering if $10 for 2 bags would seem appropriate for a couple hours storage? 

I think it would be the perfect amount.

• 1 month later...

When we leave our luggage at Barrachina's is it locked up?  Do they give you a tag for the luggage similar to a coat check so that know one can go in and take any bag.   Do you tip at the drop off or pick up of the bags.   We have never tried this before and are very interested in any details people can give us.  Thanks

The room is at the back of the restaurant.  There is a waiter in the room or outside the door.  You get a tag with a number and when you come to retrieve your luggage the waiter gets the bags for you.  I don't know if the door is ever locked because the waiter is constantly in and out (especially on a Sunday where there is more than one ship in town)  I have never seen anyone go in and take luggage out of the room, but I guess like anything else, it could be done if the waiter is distracted and doesn't notice someone going in.  We tip when we retrieve our bags.  Be sure to have a Pina Colada at the bar before you leave. 

If your ship is docking at the Pan Am pier you must take an Uber or taxi to the Barrachina.  If your ships docks at the pier in OSJ you can walk to the Barrachina, but it is an uphill walk and depending on mobililty, and how much luggage you have to pull, you might want to Uber or taxi. If you decide to walk:  when you leave your ship walk to your left in front of the piers and then make a right on Tanca St., continue on Tanca until you reach Fortaleza St., make a left and continue approximately 3 1/2 blocks and Barrachina will be on your left.  There is more than one way to get there, I just think this is the least confusing.  Maybe Stinger PR can chime in with an easier route.

Enjoy your time in Puerto Rico.  We can't wait for our next visit. 

Edited by LittleYiaYia

Every block wil have their share of shopping.  Selling everything from T-shirts and the usual souvenirs to high end clothing.  If I remember correctly the Puerto Rican Arts and Crafts store will be on your left about a block after turning on Fortaleza. Even the Barrachina has a shop in the front of the restaurant.  They sell some unusual clothing items. After leaving the Barrachina a walk in either direction on Fortaleza should fulfill your shopping needs. :classic_biggrin: