Table of 2 in Manifreds and the Chef’s Table

Oville

We seem to be discussing here that it is appropriate to dine in Manfredi's for 45 minutes, so that their 125 seat capacity can be turned over 4 times, serving 500 guests.

Sorry, but this makes no sense. At capacity, if sold out, a Viking ship has 930 guests. There are 4 major dining venues - Manfredi's, Chef's Kitchen, The Restaurant, The World Cafe. The World Cafe and The Restaurant are much larger than Manfredi's, so to figure 25% of guests eating in Manfredi's would be a major overestimate. That would be 232.

Manfredi's does not expect tables to be turned over in 45 minutes, or in an hour. It does not book for that rate. It is attempting to be a traditional Italian restaurant, not an American version of Italian fast food. Slow down, enjoy yourself, and linger over their good cappuccino (even though Italians never drink it for dinner). Given their booking system, I've never seen anyone arriving for their reservation who had to wait.

Thank you, I appreciate your analysis and glad to hear we will be able to enjoy our dinners without the 45 minute turnover.;)

Thank you, I appreciate your analysis and glad to hear we will be able to enjoy our dinners without the 45 minute turnover.;)

Do not be concerned. If I am not on a ship, my favorite place in the world to be is Italy. We always try to make our dinners in Manfredi's close to a traditional Italian meal - Antipasti, Primi, Secondi, Dessert, Coffee, and much wine along the way. We have never felt rushed, never seen anyone waiting, never seen every table full. Viking wants you to have an elegant experience. Do not feel guilty. Do not feel that you are taking anything away from anyone else (because you are not). Parts of this thread have taken a strange turn.

Edited by Richard2
punctuation error

Oville, I believe you must have missed Dauntless' last 3 sentences "And they wouldn't think of rushing you. I want to make clear that never happened. It was just conjuncture." Conjuncture means to form an opinion or supposition about (something) on the basis of incomplete information:

Oville, I believe you must have missed Dauntless' last 3 sentences "And they wouldn't think of rushing you. I want to make clear that never happened. It was just conjuncture." Conjuncture means to form an opinion or supposition about (something) on the basis of incomplete information:

I did not miss Dauntless point, enough said.

The point of this thread is that those who were guaranteed pre-cruise bookings in the special restaurants can’t get what they want. :mad:

I did not miss Dauntless point, enough said.

The point of this thread is that those who were guaranteed pre-cruise bookings in the special restaurants can’t get what they want. :mad:

It is definitely a problem that Viking is going to have to work out and perhaps it would be even more helpful if those with issues with the process were to discuss those issues directly with the Viking using the tellus@vikingcruises.com address. The more direct communication they get, the more apt they are to re-examine the situation.

I'm sorry, I don't think you were guaranteed to have exactly the time and date and location and size of table you wished for each of the reservations to which you are entitled. Logistically, that may not be possible. Be a little bit flexible. There are wonderful places to eat on the Viking ships. There are interesting people with whom to share a table. Even those of us in the Veranda cabins can experience the specialty restaurants with reservations made once onboard. It's a great experience. Enjoy your cruise!

Oh my goodness, I’m speechless. I doubt very very much that Viking Ocean wants its dining experience in specialty restaurants (or Dining Room) to be Applebee’s or Cracker Barrel‘s. We’re paying a lot of money for our cruise and sure hope are dining experience won’t be like Chili’s.

I too am speechless. "a lot money " is all dependent on income, so, I too paid "a lot of money for our cruise". The dining experience will be what you make. I think it has been established that you will get a good meal. You won't be rushed. I never had a problem getting a reservation. I had a nice meal in the specialty restaurants. Every one has their own perspective on what makes a good meal and you are entitled to it, even if it's wrong, on either side.

Didn't somebody say something earlier in this thread about a 45 minute time for Manfredis that set this all off? I'm going to bed but this is just silly....I know that we were allowed at least 2 hours. Crazy...no need to stress or think you only have 45 minutes

Edited by stretchcruz

Didn't somebody say something earlier in this thread about a 45 minute time for Manfredis that set this all off? I'm going to bed but this is just silly....I know that we were allowed at least 2 hours. Crazy...no need to stress or think you you only have 45 minutes

Yup, thanks and sleep tight,:*

It is definitely a problem that Viking is going to have to work out and perhaps it would be even more helpful if those with issues with the process were to discuss those issues directly with the Viking using the tellus@vikingcruises.com address. The more direct communication they get, the more apt they are to re-examine the situation.

Will do and thanks for you support.

Katie

Didn't somebody say something earlier in this thread about a 45 minute time for Manfredis that set this all off? I'm going to bed but this is just silly....I know that we were allowed at least 2 hours. Crazy...no need to stress or think you only have 45 minutes ������

No. It was taken out of context.

I was just exploring My Viking Journey and the dining options on the drop down menu. I did not know that Manfredi is open for lunch, 12-2pm .For dinner it is open 6-9pm

The chef table is set dinner seating. I am really looking forward to eating there during my ETA cruise.

I can make these reservations 60 days out before my cruise.

I am at 143 days and counting. Seeing we book this in 2016 , it IS getting closer!:hearteyes:

I was just exploring My Viking Journey and the dining options on the drop down menu. I did not know that Manfredi is open for lunch, 12-2pm .For dinner it is open 6-9pm

The chef table is set dinner seating. I am really looking forward to eating there during my ETA cruise.

I can make these reservations 60 days out before my cruise.

I am at 143 days and counting. Seeing we book this in 2016 , it IS getting closer!:hearteyes:

I did not know Manfredi's was open for lunch either. Is this something new? The Restaurant isn't even for lunch most days. I just checked the dailies from our December 2016 cruise and Manfredi's was not open for lunch. Maybe some one who is recently returned can check their dailies and report.

I did not know Manfredi's was open for lunch either. Is this something new? The Restaurant isn't even for lunch most days. I just checked the dailies from our December 2016 cruise and Manfredi's was not open for lunch. Maybe some one who is recently returned can check their dailies and report.

Check your MyViking Journey for your upcoming cruise.

Maybe it shows up on mine because we are on the ETA with six sea days in a row before we hit land again.:cool:

Check your MyViking Journey for your upcoming cruise.

Maybe it shows up on mine because we are on the ETA with six sea days in a row before we hit land again.:cool:

I just checked MVJ for our December cruise and it does indeed show lunch at Manfredi’s. Thx for the heads up.

I just checked MVJ for our December cruise and it does indeed show lunch at Manfredi’s. Thx for the heads up.

Sorry, guys, but I won't believe it until it is verified by someone who is actually on board and can confirm it with a mention in the dailies. MVJ does not always get it right.

We have our first Viking Ocean cruise coming up in February. We are staying in a PV, and our itinerary is marketed as two seven day segments, and also as a 14 day segment. We are booked on the 14 day segment. In this situation, how many advance dining reservations are we entitled to make?

You should contact Viking directly with this question, so that you get the right answer. TellUs@vikingcruises.com

Ok, so Viking says we are only entitled to two reservations at each specialty, for the entire 14 day sailing. As this is our first Viking cruise, and since we will be eager to enjoy all the various dining options, we are ok with this decision. :)