CineGraphic

Latest Upsell Offers

As a service to your fellow cruisers, let’s post and keep track of the latest upsell offers.

Please post in the following format:

Ship, sailing date, number of days, cabin category purchased, upsell price per person, cabin category upgrade.

Example:

Crown, 12/9, 8 day, mini suite, $249, club class mini

Sent from my iPhone while I should be working, using Forums

Regal, Nov 19, 7 nights, inside, $99 pp to balcony.

Called Princess and since the balconies were on sale cheaper than what we paid for the inside, they switched my parents for free. This is my parents' first cruise ever.

Regal Princess 10/21/17 5 day Canada cruise from NY. Booked an inside, up sell to balcony for $39 pp, Took the up sell.

Yeah, some really good deals there today. I wish I could cut myself in two. Already cruising with RCCL at the beginning of Dec. That is the end of the vacation allotment this year. Boo Hoo.

Island Princess Dec 6th 15 day. Upsell offer $129PP obstructed Ocean View to Premium Balcony, took it.

Does Princess upsell program work with a letter and offer from them or do you call in?

Thank you:)

They call you with an offer. If your not there you have a number to call back. Remember it’s first come first served. Look at the available stateroom’s for your cruise to see what’s available. I had a B2B cruise & a upgrade was available for the first cruise, inside to obstructed view ocean, but no upgrade on the second cruise which meant changing staterooms. If I had this option I would probably decline as I had to be out of my first statement before 8 am for cleaning.

Tom😎

Does Princess upsell program work with a letter and offer from them or do you call in?

Thank you:)

Received an email good for one week, first come first served

I wonder if you can get an upsell offer if you have your room marked "no upgrade".

What I like about upsells is you are asked if you want to pay more for a different spot and you get to choose from what's available. As many of us know, those "free upgrades" are rarely a good thing....

One can only hope. For now, I'm perfectly happy with my cabin choice :)

i have a no upgrade noted in my reservation.. i did get an upsell offer for my nov 25th royal cruise. so, yes to your question.

What I like about upsells is you are asked if you want to pay more for a different spot and you get to choose from what's available. As many of us know, those "free upgrades" are rarely a good thing.
Our free upgrade was great. We're going to be in an Aloha Deck balcony cabin (Cat. BB), upgraded from a guarantee Cat. BF.

Our free upgrade was great. We're going to be in an Aloha Deck balcony cabin (Cat. BB), upgraded from a guarantee Cat. BF.

Lucky !! However, the bad stories far outweigh the happy endings

I’m weary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have 2 mini suites at Christmas on the Crown. Received several upgrade offers. The first was to a full suite for $525pp. We declined. The second was to a club class mini suite for $129pp which we grabbed. We had booked guarantees rolling the dice that we would be next to or near each other. We are right next to each other with this upgrade and can open the balcony divider.

Regal Princess Dec 10 2017

Inside category ID to BA Balcony for $94 CDN each which is about $78 US each Great upsell,

Just want to keep this thread going!

Personally, I like the upsell idea as there is greater opportunity to get an upgraded cabin and, you are able to view available cabins on the Princess website.

We were once lucky enough to be upgraded from a mini-suite to an aft full balcony, but chances are slim. We’ve since received several upsell opportunities, accepting some, passing on others.

Most recently, we declined an upsell to a Club Class mini but jumped at the opportunity to upgrade to an aft suite on the following cruise. It was a steep price, at $599/pp for a 10 day trip, and the location is probably the least desirable suite, but we are happy to have it!:D

Ruby 11/25/17 Four day get a way ocean view to premium balcony P311 to C311 $29.00 pp

We're on the same cruise, upgraded from inside cabin to balcony for $49.

Just want to keep this thread going!

Personally, I like the upsell idea as there is greater opportunity to get an upgraded cabin and, you are able to view available cabins on the Princess website.

We were once lucky enough to be upgraded from a mini-suite to an aft full balcony, but chances are slim. We’ve since received several upsell opportunities, accepting some, passing on others.

Most recently, we declined an upsell to a Club Class mini but jumped at the opportunity to upgrade to an aft suite on the following cruise. It was a steep price, at $599/pp for a 10 day trip, and the location is probably the least desirable suite, but we are happy to have it!:D

This is the current message on the Princess website:

We are currently upgrading our systems so that we may serve you better. We apologize for any inconvenience and invite you to visit us again after 6:00 AM PDT, Thursday, Nov 2, 2017.

I wonder if they are loading new fares?

This is the current message on the Princess website:

We are currently upgrading our systems so that we may serve you better. We apologize for any inconvenience and invite you to visit us again after 6:00 AM PDT, Thursday, Nov 2, 2017.

I wonder if they are loading new fares?

Now they changed it to 6:30 am!

And now changed to 7:00 am!!

Edited by cjskids

A friend received an upsell offer for her Plaza deck ocean view cabin on the 12/9 Crown sailing to a BB balcony on Baja deck for $49 per person. It will be interesting to see if there is new pricing for that Plaza deck cabin which was very inexpensive to begin with when she booked it.

Now they changed it to 6:30 am!

And now changed to 7:00 am!!

It’s now 7:30, but let’s stay on topic please. None of this has anything to do with the latest upsell offers.

It’s now 7:30, but let’s stay on topic please. None of this has anything to do with the latest upsell offers.

I think it is related to the upsell topic. The Princess website was back up at 10 so it was possible to check pricing. Princess is constantly "adjusting" inventory to figure out which pricing will be the new hook for prospective passengers and it can give you an idea of what is available if you are offered an "upsell.

Just wondering if there has ever been upsells on the Star cruise to Hawaii. Right now the difference from interior to balcony is massive. We are happy with our Plaza Deck inside but would be happier with a balcony with so many sea days. Has anyone had success with making their own offer to Princess when it gets closer to sail date? I’m afraid any upsell offer will be to Oceanview, which we don’t want.

Just wondering if there has ever been upsells on the Star cruise to Hawaii. Right now the difference from interior to balcony is massive. We are happy with our Plaza Deck inside but would be happier with a balcony with so many sea days. Has anyone had success with making their own offer to Princess when it gets closer to sail date? I’m afraid any upsell offer will be to Oceanview, which we don’t want.

We are on the Star to Hawaii over xmas and got an upsell from Balcony to mini suite for $299 per person. Pretty good considering it's a 15 day and the difference in price regularly is huge. However, we didn't take it as we are on a b2b and currently have same cabin for both portions and also have another cabin across the hall for the rest of the family. We didn't want the hassle of switching rooms and being separated....

Wow looking at some of these other upsell deals, the one I received today doesn't seem so good! ocean view to premium balcony $149 11 day Panama Canal cruise from Fort Lauderdale 12/10-12/20

We received the upsell for a full suite from our mini for $449 or something like that back in Sept. Didn't take it this time as I was annoyed with them.

We also received an upsell from a mini to a club class mini for $149 recently. So not worth it in my book at all. Traveling with friends so won't eat in that area for dinner and I already receive the perks being elite. The price difference between what I paid and what they were gong for at the time was $80 per person.

while it's possible to check pricing and cabin availability, I was unable to print boarding passes or luggage tags this morning.
ETA: was able to print them 5 hours later.

We missed an upsell today for the Caribbean Princess sailing on 1/13 to a full suite for 899 PP . I called but they had all been accepted. I am now on the wait list ...... I hope we get it

We missed an upsell today for the Caribbean Princess sailing on 1/13 to a full suite for 899 PP . I called but they had all been accepted. I am now on the wait list ...... I hope we get it

You didn't mention how many days or the current cabin type