Transport from Long Beach to LAX

Essiesmom

We will be coming into Long Beach on Jan 27. I would like to show my sister the Queen Mary, either stay there overnight, or tour before going to the airport. So, how long does it take to get to LAX, and how much might a taxi cost (we don't do Uber or Lyft)? Thanks. EM

We will be coming into Long Beach on Jan 27. I would like to show my sister the Queen Mary, either stay there overnight, or tour before going to the airport. So, how long does it take to get to LAX, and how much might a taxi cost (we don't do Uber or Lyft)? Thanks. EM

The Queen Mary is a short walk from the dock.

Sunseeker tours may have something that interests you.

LAX is from 40 minutes to 2 hours from Long Beach.

Check Super Shuttle or Prime Time for transportation. I believe their rate is 17 dollars per person. Taxis are usually much more.

Thank you for your replies. The touring wold be of the Queen Mary. I gave my sister three options: 1) stay overnight on QM and fly home the next day. 2) Tour QM and fly back east on a redeye. 3) Get off the ship and go straight to the airport, no QM. I am working on scheduling option 1. Our next question involves eateries in walking distance of the pier/ship. QM has a restaurant but we think it is a bit above our taste. We will have been on Splendor x 13 days, so we are open to anything, including fast food. EM

From the Queen Mary parking lot you can take the free Passport Bus to the Aquarium. Nearby there are lots of (chain) restaurants-Bubba Gumps, Famous Dave’s, Yardhouse, PFChangs etc. These are a short walk from the Maya, but it’s another mile from the Queen Mary. Easy walk but a touch long.

If you’re spending the day in Long Beach check out the Long Beach Aquarium. aquarium.org The cafe inside is very good.