Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

OK Coolers, I'll admit that I was bored. Idle hands. But all this talk of Spanish and dancing and I thought I'd put together a shorty to celebrate The Cooler IV entitled Sergio Mendes and The Black Eyed Peas does The Black Bottom (Through The Ages) and The Drag Varsity. Technically totally incompetent but I hope it makes you smile.

Greetings Coolers! I'm loving the new digs! Very homey! And welcome to the new Cooler Bar denizens!

J...your Cooler Bar 4 inauguration video is wonderful! But where did you get a video of me dancing in my Halloween costume? Was my webcam left on by mistake? :)

Penny...we tried a bottle of wine from Valle De Guadalupe, Baja Californai, Mexico last night and loved it. L.A. Cetto Petite Sirah 2015. As you may know, the LCBO controls the sale of alcohol in the province of Ontario. They decide which wines they will import. This is the first time we have seen a wine from Mexico available in our local LCBO location. So glad we got a chance to try it!

Have a great day all!

TTS,

Very interesting points. Your comments concerning those that speak out about things that don't influence their lives whatsoever are a logical stance. I am entirely supportive of gay marriage but have a question. The issue is absolutely clear cut with civil partnerships and civil marriage ceremonies which are governed solely by national laws and I do not believe anyone has the right to begrudge this. Do you however feel that clergy of any and all religions should be forced by national law and threat of criminal sanction to perform marriage ceremenoies that their own conscience currently forbids them to do and might have been the teachings of their own church for the whole history of their church and maybe centuries? In other words should the rights, wishes and entitlements of a gay couple to have a religious marriage trounce the rights of the church and the vicar?

I am a heterosexual atheist and unqualified to comment!

Hola all!

Mysty: Valle de Guadalupe is area of prime vineyards in Baja California. I am familiar with LA Cetto wines. Hopefully, LCBO will import more from MEX that you can try. I am (embarrassed to say) a white wine drinker who is now in love with Spain's Rueda Verdejo!

Have a great day!

And ironically, those same people, the most adamantly anti-gay/homophobic, are often the ones arrested in public toilets. For example, that paragon of family values, Senator Larry Craig from Idaho.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Indeed, one sometimes wonders if protestations of rectitude are just a preliminary defence!

Evening Coolers.......

Warm welcome to our new bar mates 🍸

Great video Jeffers....and congrats on reaching Cooler 4......👌

Driveway project will be finished tomorrow so peace will be restored and the kettle can rest!

With my first Emirates flight looming on the 380 I've been browsing through some YouTube footage and reports on flyer talk......is it just me or do folk not sort of dress up to fly these days...." no Halloween " jokes please...😉

Arriving at the airport means the start of ones holiday and l like to travel smart......many years ago it was a good tip to hopefully get upgraded......it's so different these days.....just my thoughts....

So far no tricks or treats here in Wales but the fireworks are still cracking away.......

Happy Halloween 😊

Nice plate Jeff! No cooking here for a while, at least not by me. The food here has been really great.

David Bilsand is on board and he goes to the markets nearly every and buys all sorts of stuff. The executive chef for SS has been here too, but now it's Diego Munoz of Lima for a few days until Rudy comes back.

The cooking demos are a blast and the dinners are so tasty. I am walking constantly and I doubt it's helping at all.

Sea day today so catching up with my blog. Thanks for coming by!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Hi Coolers, sending my heartfelt wishes to those folks in NYC tonight......I am sure most of you have seen the news:mad::(

another terrorist attack from a truck on the lower eastside of Manhattan..........8 killed, more injured.............

TTS,

Very interesting points. Your comments concerning those that speak out about things that don't influence their lives whatsoever are a logical stance. I am entirely supportive of gay marriage but have a question. The issue is absolutely clear cut with civil partnerships and civil marriage ceremonies which are governed solely by national laws and I do not believe anyone has the right to begrudge this. Do you however feel that clergy of any and all religions should be forced by national law and threat of criminal sanction to perform marriage ceremenoies that their own conscience currently forbids them to do and might have been the teachings of their own church for the whole history of their church and maybe centuries? In other words should the rights, wishes and entitlements of a gay couple to have a religious marriage trounce the rights of the church and the vicar?

Sorry to take so long to answer this but I have been busy doing lots of other things away from my PC (The sun has actually been shining down here in Cornwall !). Jeff how do you reconcile that comment with the large number of C of E Vicars who are openly gay/Lesbian and married to same sex spouses?

Peter

Sorry to take so long to answer this but I have been busy doing lots of other things away from my PC (The sun has actually been shining down here in Cornwall !). Jeff how do you reconcile that comment with the large number of C of E Vicars who are openly gay/Lesbian and married to same sex spouses?

Peter

Peter, I am unable to understand your question. The issue isn't a problem for them is it. Perhaps you might re-read my question?

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Sort of meatball chilli baked beans with some charlottes ...

43722fbf591983d3e9e4adf23aef1218.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Jeffers, that looks quite similar to my kind of chilli offering...minced beef, baked beans and chilli sauce...l don't put the spuds on top but do serve with rice or chips or both!! 😊