Texting aboard the Elation

futureCPR

Back story: I’ve never had to pay attention to the WiFi or texting feature CCL offers. However, we are traveling with a group of 75 people next week and feel it will be convenient for keeping in touch. Especially because we’re getting married on the ship and it would be helpful the day of the wedding.

Question: can someone explain the difference between the WiFi package and the texting feature? Are both a “per day” charge? Also, can multiple devices work at the same time in the same cabin? Can we just add everyone to a large group chat?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The texting feature is only for messages between people on board who purchase that feature and connect(like with messenger), the wifi enables you use certain apps like messenger and Instagram but in my opinion it can be slow either way. I prefer the texting feature to keep in touch with others onboard as it's only $5 per phone where the wifi is $5 per day per phone for the minimum package.

Back story: I’ve never had to pay attention to the WiFi or texting feature CCL offers. However, we are traveling with a group of 75 people next week and feel it will be convenient for keeping in touch. Especially because we’re getting married on the ship and it would be helpful the day of the wedding.

Question: can someone explain the difference between the WiFi package and the texting feature? Are both a “per day” charge? Also, can multiple devices work at the same time in the same cabin? Can we just add everyone to a large group chat?

The texting feature is part of the Carnival Hub App and is 5$ per phone (one time fee). It was not working on our cruise on Holloween. They did not tell us that until we went to guest services to say that the chat feature was not working for us . They said they had someone on board working on it. By the third day we went and got the 5$ removed from our account and it was not working by the end of the cruise.

You dont need to buy the WIFI package and/or social plan to use the Carnival Hub Chat Feature. Its 5.00 per phone for the entire length of the cruise. You need to download the Carnival Hub App before departure and can add the chat app while sitting in the Jacksonville Cruise Terminal. Make sure you have the phone on airplane mode and turn on the WIFI.

As others have said, specifically about the Elation, the chat feature was NOT working when I was on the 10/16 sailing. Customer Service refunded the monies on the 2nd day and they were aware that it was not working.

Does the internet package work? My grandma is afraid of being in open water, so she isn’t attending the wedding and we were hoping to fblive the ceremony (I’m her first born grandchild and first to get married).