Jump to content

Celebrity Luggage Valet Review


Recommended Posts

We disembarked from the Edge yesterday and used the luggage valet service for the first time. We had taken 2 -7 day cruises plus spent almost an extra week in Florida so we had 2 very large bags plus our cary ons. 

 

I just signed just myself up instead of both of us as I can check up to three bags (up to 70 lbs@) on Delta at no charge. This way, it only cost me $25 instead of $50. I of course had to check my wife in for the flight since she wasn't included. That was easily done from my phone. 

 

The program worked flawlessly. It was wonderful not having to drag large bags around until our flight time of 6:00pm. The status of the checked bags also showed up on my Delta app. 

 

Bags arrived as promised. Best $25 I ever spent.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, molemaui said:

We disembarked from the Edge yesterday and used the luggage valet service for the first time. We had taken 2 -7 day cruises plus spent almost an extra week in Florida so we had 2 very large bags plus our cary ons. 

 

I just signed just myself up instead of both of us as I can check up to three bags (up to 70 lbs@) on Delta at no charge. This way, it only cost me $25 instead of $50. I of course had to check my wife in for the flight since she wasn't included. That was easily done from my phone. 

 

The program worked flawlessly. It was wonderful not having to drag large bags around until our flight time of 6:00pm. The status of the checked bags also showed up on my Delta app. 

 

Bags arrived as promised. Best $25 I ever spent.

 

 

 

 

Glad to hear your positive review.   We are planning on using for the first time on our next set of cruises.   I will definitely remember you pointer to only sign up for one of us.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have used the luggage valet service 4 or 5 times and just wanted to mention that twice my luggage didn’t make my plane. I was kept notified and my luggage was delivered the next day in both cases. The other times worked like a charm.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We used the service a couple of days ago in FLL on our Reflection cruise and it was well worth the money.  Strangely, though, one of our three bags was put on an earlier flight while the others were on our flight.  I don't understand that, but we were glad that the rogue bag was at our destination when we arrived.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ibwig said:

We used the service a couple of days ago in FLL on our Reflection cruise and it was well worth the money.  Strangely, though, one of our three bags was put on an earlier flight while the others were on our flight.  I don't understand that, but we were glad that the rogue bag was at our destination when we arrived.

I've had that happen to me a number of times.   My only problem I didn't know it and waited until all the bags came off and then had to go to file a claim only to be told it was already there locked up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've had that happen to me a number of times.   My only problem I didn't know it and waited until all the bags came off and then had to go to file a claim only to be told it was already there locked up. 

That had to be incredibly annoying and frustrating.  When our flight landed and I turned my phone on, there was a text message letting me know that the rogue bag had already arrived and to go to baggage services.  No one had an explanation as to why.  I was just happy it was there.

 

Thank you for mentioning that it's not an isolated incident.  The next time I'll head straight to baggage service to check before heading to the carousel if I don't get any notifications.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ibwig said:

That had to be incredibly annoying and frustrating.  When our flight landed and I turned my phone on, there was a text message letting me know that the rogue bag had already arrived and to go to baggage services.  No one had an explanation as to why.  I was just happy it was there.

 

Thank you for mentioning that it's not an isolated incident.  The next time I'll head straight to baggage service to check before heading to the carousel if I don't get any notifications.

My experience was before many of the airlines adding luggage tracking to their Apps and it was annoying.   If I had known I would been out of the airport an hour earlier.    I have mostly been using Delta as of late and their baggage checking is usually pretty accurate.   Last trip My Bag didn't show on the tracking to have been boarded but Iain's did.   When we changed planes I suddenly got a message that my bag had transferred to the new flight.... probably a missed scan.

 

I'm flying AA next week and not sure if they track your bags real time.    I guess I'll find out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...