NCL Gem 2017-11-11 Cancelled

bronzey214

You would have to call NCL to ask this question. I've never heard of an airline that won't let you change a ticket for a fee. What airline, so I never fly on it?

Quite many (most) airlines on international routes sell tickets which are nonrebookable and nonrefundable. Tickets with change rights cost usually 50% more than the cheaper price. And when flying international it is much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Quite many (most) airlines on international routes sell tickets which are nonrebookable and nonrefundable. Tickets with change rights cost usually 50% more than the cheaper price. And when flying international it is much.

The flights we’ve booked to Ireland on United had a $300 change fee.

Thanks. I didn't know that, because when I travel internationally, I've always had the opportunity to change a ticket with a fee, maybe I didn't notice that their was an opportunity for a cheaper ticket if I wanted to take a chance.

Just looked at a couple of tickets to Europe and all were changeable for a fee, so maybe the US has different regulations.

I'm sorry for you.

And PO'd. That was the part of the "offer" that ticked me off. IMHO, since NCL cancelled the cruise, they should guarantee your perks, not treat you as a new booking.

Yes, they are treating it as a new booking. I am pretty Tee'd. We have two other couples that were coming with us, Whahhh

I was booked on this cruise also. Called last evening and was told the perks would not carry over. I am losing my double points for booking more than 9 months out. Very disappointed about this. Working on rescheduling to a new date.

I was booked on this cruise also. Called last evening and was told the perks would not carry over. I am losing my double points for booking more than 9 months out. Very disappointed about this. Working on rescheduling to a new date.

That bites. I'm sorry.

You have to wonder... Did NCL think about the negativity that would ensue by treating re-bookings as new bookings? It seems like it would have cost them little to carry over perks and points, in the interest of maintaining customer goodwill.

They wouldn't give you the same perks you had on the Gem?!?!??! That's horrible by them and would really tick me off.

I'm willing to bet its a limitation in their reservation system. There is probably no way for the CSR's to override pacakages/pricing or to add promos retroactively.

I'm willing to bet its a limitation in their reservation system. There is probably no way for the CSR's to override pacakages/pricing or to add promos retroactively.

Then a manager or someone higher up should step in. Because this seems like a totally avoidable situation on their part to not honor the previous perks.

On Gem right now.

Nobody has told us anything.

The front desk are towing the official line that they know nothing.

Man, it was announced to everyone else hours ago.

Don't even know if they are planning to be in New York on Saturday as scheduled.

Keep up the great PR Norwegian.

Pathetic

Completely concur.

They've blown up a lot odf people's vacations.

The 50%-off credit doesn't cost them anything.

They should fly you to another ship with rooms--not necessarily NCL. Maybe another brand in the NCLH family.

Thanks. I was pretty much attacked and told to suck it up by the myriad retirees on here who don't care about changing travel plans because they don't work. Cancelling your bingo game is a hell of a lot easier than rescheduling time off of work.

I was also told to think about the millions that NCL will lose. I searched my pockets for all the ****s and couldn't find them. They did 2 billion in q1 of this year. Sorry. Not sorry at all.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I called NCL to rearrange to take the breakaway for this Sunday and the only thing they had was the gty balcony. You lose out of all the perks, like the UBP and specialty dining with the gty. The UBP is another $1,500 for the week plus gratuity at 18% and the special dining. May have to plan for a different week. This was my 50th birthday cruise. So I'm pretty bummed out.

I would call back and escalate. Someone will have the power to grant the perks given the situation.

That bites. I'm sorry.

You have to wonder... Did NCL think about the negativity that would ensue by treating re-bookings as new bookings? It seems like it would have cost them little to carry over perks and points, in the interest of maintaining customer goodwill.

This is why I put in a BBB complaint. They bait and switched me and now I'm paying 300.00 more for a 7 day instead of a 10 day.

On Gem right now.

Don't even know if they are planning to be in New York on Saturday as scheduled.

Pathetic

says at the top of the page ( not this page main page) that you are going back to Barbados to disembark and they will fly you to New York - this thread https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2561964

Norwegian Gem, which is in the middle of an 11-night Eastern Caribbean cruise that departed from New York October 31, is unable to return to New York November 11 for its next cruise and therefore will sail a revised itinerary that concludes in Barbados November 11. Norwegian Cruise Line is making air arrangements to return all guests to New York by Saturday November 11.

says at the top of the page ( not this page main page) that you are going back to Barbados to disembark and they will fly you to New York - this thread https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2561964

Norwegian Gem, which is in the middle of an 11-night Eastern Caribbean cruise that departed from New York October 31, is unable to return to New York November 11 for its next cruise and therefore will sail a revised itinerary that concludes in Barbados November 11. Norwegian Cruise Line is making air arrangements to return all guests to New York by Saturday November 11.

wow.. cruisecritic got the scoop on this. :o

Norwegian Gem is in Martinique today and expected to call at St. Thomas tomorrow, before heading to Barbados November 10 - 11.

so barbados, extended stays in Martinique and St Thomas, then back to Barbados and fly out all the passengers back to NY?

On Gem right now.

Pathetic

According to NCL they will be coming home slower than normal. Our original leave on Saturday went from 4pm to 6pm without notice.

wow.. cruisecritic got the scoop on this. :o

Norwegian Gem is in Martinique today and expected to call at St. Thomas tomorrow, before heading to Barbados November 10 - 11.

so barbados, extended stays in Martinique and St Thomas, then back to Barbados and fly out all the passengers back to NY?

Feel bad for any of the passengers that are afraid to fly. I'm sure there has to be at least a few on board.

Thanks. I was pretty much attacked and told to suck it up by the myriad retirees on here who don't care about changing travel plans because they don't work. Cancelling your bingo game is a hell of a lot easier than rescheduling time off of work.

I was also told to think about the millions that NCL will lose. I searched my pockets for all the ****s and couldn't find them. They did 2 billion in q1 of this year. Sorry. Not sorry at all.

I don't think that's what people said or meant, I know I didn't.

I'm sorry for you but compared to the trouble this is causing for people having to fly to New York for the cruise your problems are small.

Do I understand it right that you will get all money back and your next NCL cruise for half the price? That sounds like a good deal to me.

I understand that you should prefer to be able to go on the cruise but when that's not an option, half price on next cruise really isn't too bad.

I wonder what they'll do for passengers cruising without a passport.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

They may not be able to fly back without a passport. When you do your online booking, when you choose birth certificate another box pops up that states there would be a problem getting back into the US. Wwo, I am at a loss for words....(rarely happens)!

Do I understand it right that you will get all money back and your next NCL cruise for half the price? That sounds like a good deal to me.

I understand that you should prefer to be able to go on the cruise but when that's not an option, half price on next cruise really isn't too bad.

depends on what they mean by 50% off...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54491533&postcount=9

I wonder what they'll do for passengers cruising without a passport.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

Very good question this is why people never should cruise without a passport.

Looks like they are missing St Thomas and going to Grenada instead I have a couple of friends on there one flying back to Belgium hope she's not leaving Saturday... how will they manage to fly that many people back to New York in a timely manor..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onboard the Gem and announcement was made we are heading to Grenada and then back to Barbados to be flown home on Norwegians dime. We got to enjoy our cruise. Now off to get ready for dinner.

enjoy your dinner pixiedust and the rest of the journey home.......