artemis10

P&O the Walmart of Cruising

What about Fred Olsen, 'The Aldi of Cruising?' Fred has to be one cut above CMV-Lidl. ;p

I haven't sailed on Fred for quite a few years but would imagine maybe Morrisons or Sainsbury?

And who is Arkwright's corner shop (Open All Hours)?

I am now racking my brains trying to think which cruise line could be the "the local shop for local people"...:evilsmile:

I am now racking my brains trying to think which cruise line could be the "the local shop for local people"...:evilsmile:

P&O Ferries.

Both CMV and Fred Olsen provide a lot of regional departures...

Both CMV and Fred Olsen provide a lot of regional departures...

Let us just hope that their customers are not treated the same way as in the Royston Vaysey shop...:eek:

I do not think that I would want to be served by Tubbs on a cruise...

(for any US followers of this thread - The League of Gentlemen was an anarchic, dark comedy series in UK from some time ago.)

Having spent two weeks on QM2 earlier this year I would totally agree with that statement !!

IMO I agree. Cunards suits some but not us. QM2 was stuffy and too formal for us.:halo:

I understand that in Scotland there is or was a supermarket chain called William Low and in England at least a defunct brand called Netto which was like Lidl or Aldi but unlike the former they just put stock out on pallets. Of what cruise lines are these representative?

Regards John

I understand that in Scotland there is or was a supermarket chain called William Low and in England at least a defunct brand called Netto which was like Lidl or Aldi but unlike the former they just put stock out on pallets. Of what cruise lines are these irepresentative?

Regards John

I think they must be p and ferries! We were wowed when we first cruised because we had only been on the former

I understand that in Scotland there is or was a supermarket chain called William Low and in England at least a defunct brand called Netto which was like Lidl or Aldi but unlike the former they just put stock out on pallets. Of what cruise lines are these representative?

Regards John

Too early for me!quoted wrong section and missed out the o from p and o!

I think they must be p and ferries! We were wowed when we first cruised because we had only been on the former

We started on DFDS and Fjordline ferries.

Well, P&O is too scruffy for me, but luckily we all have the choice between stuffiness and scruffiness.

On our last P&O cruises - Aurora/Oriana - 2 years ago, there was 100% compliance in the MDR with dress codes, 95% dinner suits and the others business suits.

If you wish to cruise around Scotland the ferry company Caledonian Macbrayne sometimes use one of their larger vessels as a cruise ship. Their smaller vessels for river and estuary crossing are tiny. Cneck out the website https://www.calmac.co.uk

Regards John

I agree totally.

Why can't people just make their comments, good or bad without being nasty about it. I really think some people are either on an ego trip or just want to upset people. It's so unnecessary.

You'll be no loss.

I echo those sentiments.

His words do not reflect P&O or their passengers at all and are so disrespectful.