Allure: Confessions of a solo passenger

hucifer

More please.

Coming tomorrow...about to go to bed. :)

Loving it so far!

Great! Hope you keep loving it! ;)

So glad you finally took the kid to Mickey World. I mean look at that face?? Now you have peaked my interest about the small world song.

Seriously, that song was in my head for months and I didn't do anything wrong.clear.png?emoji-tearsjoy-1678

Don't let that face fool you. My son loves Cedar Point and merely tolerates Disney World. He's a thrill junkie, so he is far more interested in coasters than Pooh rides.

It's a small world after all...

Waving from across the Seas and another solo cruiser. I also sneak off from DH and enjoy some quality “me” time too. I did solo on The Beast TA.....many many plus points. Including double points on a 14 nighter. 28 Kerr-ching!

DH says he wouldn’t like a TA and I think DH needs to keep working to pay for my TAs.... and I’m earning the points so he can reap the benefits when I let him come along! So thoughtful.

Looking forward to next instalment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This Buckeye will certainly forgive you since you'd rather be somewhere else!

I was going to agree with you thinking our weather was crap this weekend, then I remembered the OP is from that state up North, known this time of year as ichigan. ;)

As fellow Cruise Critic members, ya’ll are in the know like me. You do your research months in advance and leave little to surprise. So yes, I read about the horrendous Windjammer lines. And yes, I read about the delicious roast beast sandwiches at Park Café. And you know what? I didn’t care. Windjammer is my jam. So I drag my not-yet-thighs-of-steel up to theWindjammer deck (10 decks up since they don’t have a thirteenth deck). As I sputterand gasp for breath at the top of the stairs, I am now living the infamous Allure double Windjammer line that I read so much about. But I care not, for I have a tradition to uphold.

Maybe being a single cruiser here is an advantage. As long as your not wearing a GO BLUE shirt, most people would be willing to let you sit if you ask if you can join your table ;) It seems in the WJ on this class of ship, the only tables my wife and I can find are tables for 10 and I feel guilty taking them, but always try to signal people looking for seats they are welcome to use the rest of the table. Perhaps I look like the type who is not supposed to get within 100 yards of a school.

Love this review from a fellow solo female cruiser - I'l be heading out on another solo cruise in about 12 days! I've had good and bad comments, don't understand why people are so surprised that sometimes, we just enjoy our own company.

I went on Allure in 2012 and absolutely loved it. I'm sure you had an amazing time!

I hope your enjoy that Junior Suite and as a solo female cruiser, I'm leary of appearing like a stalker ;)

Fellow solo cruiser here. I can't wait to hear your take on Lady Allure. How were you able to quote three people at a time?

Ah, you caught that? It's a total cheat thing I did with this copy/paste of the coding. I have no idea why we can't quote more than two people at a time.

Another solo cruiser following along as I tick down the days to my next cruise in March next year. My break is the opposite of yours. I leave the folks at home while I take a break.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Forums mobile app

I hope you enjoy your family-free vacation. Is it wrong to say that? Feels wrong.

Waving from across the Seas and another solo cruiser. I also sneak off from DH and enjoy some quality “me” time too. I did solo on The Beast TA.....many many plus points. Including double points on a 14 nighter. 28 Kerr-ching!

DH says he wouldn’t like a TA and I think DH needs to keep working to pay for my TAs.... and I’m earning the points so he can reap the benefits when I let him come along! So thoughtful.

Looking forward to next instalment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Waving back. OMG...solo on a TA! Were you bored? Were most passengers retired? And yes, I have thought about those 28 points and have seen the low interior cabin prices and thought about booking. But don't know if I can be away from my son with our split custody arrangement. You are VERY thoughtful to share your C&A status with your husband. My future husband will love my Emerald status [curled lip].

I always wanted to try a solo cruise but then I chicken out. I thought as a three or four day would be the way to go to try it.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Oh please try it! You will love it more than you think! My first solo was a 5-night and it wasn't near enough time.

Following along. I'm traveling next month, but with my 14 year old son. I suspect, though, that outside of meals, I will be a solo traveler. Interested in reading the rest of your review.

I'm sure your 14yo will want to abandon you from time to time, lol. Mine is still of the age where he only wants to hang with Mom and I would NEVER get any alone time on a cruise with him.

I was going to agree with you thinking our weather was crap this weekend, then I remembered the OP is from that state up North, known this time of year as ichigan. ;)

Ichigan as in "itch" or "ick"?

Maybe being a single cruiser here is an advantage. As long as your not wearing a GO BLUE shirt, most people would be willing to let you sit if you ask if you can join your table clear.png?emoji-wink-1685 It seems in the WJ on this class of ship, the only tables my wife and I can find are tables for 10 and I feel guilty taking them, but always try to signal people looking for seats they are welcome to use the rest of the table. Perhaps I look like the type who is not supposed to get within 100 yards of a school.

Okay, let's make this clear: I went to State, so I would NEVER wear a UofM shirt. I bleed green, not blue.

Second, I know you haven't read the second installment of day 1, as I haven't posted it yet, but as a social reject you will find that people do not want to sit with me. Ever.

And since I don't know what you look like, I can only make the assumption that your eagerness to invite people to your table seems a little too enthusiastic for this demographic.

Ok, I really wish I had discovered your review after you had posted ALL of it. Now, I have to wait not-so-patiently for more, while also waiting for the next episode of Game of Thrones! :loudcry:

I am not worthy of a comparison of that nature...but I'll take it! Glad you are enjoying it.

Brevity is the soul of wit. Glad I'm not seeing any of that from the OP. ;)

Brevity is something you will not find here. Not with the queen of digression.

Great read! I would like to officially register as reader #13, unless we are skipping that number, in which case I’m #14.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Okay, that made me laugh.

I am not a solo cruiser but I have mastered the art of loosing my family, or maybe it is the opposite they are so sick of me they run the other way. Love your review

Either way, consider it a blessing. Thank you! :)

Hmm, is it too late to interject a sarcasm warning on my preview-trip report? I speak sarcasm fluently.

Poor Julio, he's suspected of suspicion of solo anti-social guests. clear.png?emoji-smile-1684

Okay, LOVE the screen name. But why #3? Were the first two taken?

Are you writing a trip report too? Is it full of sarcastic replies? Am I missing it?

Julio was a little TOO friendly, if you know what I mean. [nudge nudge wink wink say no more] So naturally I think he's up to something.

Ichigan as in "itch" or "ick"?

Okay, let's make this clear: I went to State, so I would NEVER wear a UofM shirt. I bleed green, not blue.

Second, I know you haven't read the second installment of day 1, as I haven't posted it yet, but as a social reject you will find that people do not want to sit with me. Ever.

And since I don't know what you look like, I can only make the assumption that your eagerness to invite people to your table seems a little too enthusiastic for this demographic.

I am not worthy of a comparison of that nature...but I'll take it! Glad you are enjoying it.

Go Green!! [emoji172]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums