upgrayders

Surviving the flight to Bangkok from the East Coast of USA

Good idea, but I would not have chipped in as we live in New Zealand! This interested me as it was Bangkok, a city I know well! we are on a cruise leaving HK finishing Shanghai and have chosen a hotel in the city with their own shuttle to PVG, its 12 hours flying for us, so Cathay pacific to HK and Air New Zealand home, both Star Alliance airlines, so get the points, safe travels all of you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

[ Cathay pacific to HK and Air New Zealand home, both Star Alliance airlines, so get the points, safe travels all of you!

Cathay Pacific is a member of OneWorld, not Star Alliance. Air New Zealand is Star Alliance.

[ Cathay pacific to HK and Air New Zealand home, both Star Alliance airlines, so get the points, safe travels all of you!

Cathay Pacific is a member of OneWorld, not Star Alliance. Air New Zealand is Star Alliance.

Strange, they must code share as my Cathay Pacific flight is booked with Air New Zealand and I get points!

Strange, they must code share as my Cathay Pacific flight is booked with Air New Zealand and I get points!

They must have some arrangement that I was not aware of. So, that is great for you.

They must have some arrangement that I was not aware of. So, that is great for you.

Hi, just found out they are not Alliance partners, you are right, but have a special arrangement to code share from Auckland to Hong Kong only, obviously this is an important route for both of them!

Hi, just found out they are not Alliance partners, you are right, but have a special arrangement to code share from Auckland to Hong Kong only, obviously this is an important route for both of them!
Airlines don't have to be alliance partners to codeshare. There are very many codeshare agreements between airlines which are in different alliances, so there's nothing unusual at all about this.