snorklgrl

Irritating & somewhat threatening e-mail !

We're PLATINUM members of Princess. It's a week before we sail and I get a threatening "immigration" email from Princess, warning me that if I don't call them by 9 a.m. Tuesday (today) I might not be able to board the ship.

WHAT????? Are they nuts?

We're Americans, with valid passports and Global Entry cards. The only thing I didn't enter on my cruise personalizer was my credit card info, evidently. I tried, but the system wouldn't take it.:mad:

We've sailed with Princess many, MANY times.

Here's part of the email:

Dear Princess Guest:

Our records indicate that you have not yet provided your full and complete Passenger Immigration information for this voyage. This is an urgent reminder that all guests, regardless of their country of citizenship and/or residency, must provide this information as U.S. Government regulations require us to submit our guest manifest to the Department of Homeland Security prior to the sailing date.

Failure to provide complete immigration information by 9:00 PM PST on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 may result in boarding delays or denial of boarding.

Keep in mind that this could also be a "PHISHING" email and you should not click on any links in the email. Call Princess directly.

I am betting though that something didn't transfer to the Princess side of the internet correctly and a phone call will clear it up.

The other thing is a possible concern with identity theft and hopefully a phone call will clear it up.

I guess it's a system-generated general email for those with incomplete passenger info on the cruise personalizer, one info being the credit card. Maybe you can just call in your credit card info if the system does not take it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Call Princes and get an answer. You will get no resolution to this issue on this site. Why you haven't called them yet is the question.

Is your PLATINUM status a different level to normal Platinum

It's different, it's one level below ELITE!

Chillax! This is an auto-generated email. You may have forgotten to include something re: your passport, etc. Just call them and resolve it. Don't get angry. You're going to have a great time!

Best to just check with Princess.

You have a wonderful cruise to look forward to. That's what I would focus on.

Keith

Would you have preferred they not send the email or didn't emphasize the importance of the situation, resulting in you not being able to board when you arrived at the pier?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the many great responses! Yes, I did call the 800 number this morning -- the one in the email -- at 1-800-774-6237 (North America).

I had virtually no way of knowing if BIANCA, who I spoke with, was a Princess rep or a 300-LB person on a bed somewhere. (Isn't that the quote?)

Anyway, she assured me that all was okay and I asked her for a reference number for the call. Not possible -- no reference number -- but would I like to buy a beverage package? At this point, I'm thinking: "Okay, this IS a Princess representative I am speaking with."

I made my original post for a few reasons: 1) Angry with Princess for threatening me 2) Maybe someone else will receive that email and know they're not alone 3) Find out what other cruisers have to say about it 4) Maybe Princess can change their tone?

Would you have preferred they not send the email or didn't emphasize the importance of the situation, resulting in you not being able to board when you arrived at the pier?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Exactly. A bit of an over reaction by OP. IMO, there was no threat, just a statement of fact as to what might result in inaction by OP.

I had a letter left on the last night of my cruise over night in my mail box. Demanding payment no less for stuff I had bought on that sailing, no please or thank you just the amount they wanted.

Exactly. A bit of an over reaction by OP. IMO, there was no threat, just a statement of fact as to what might result in inaction by OP.

But the OP is "special" and should not have to do what the government or the passage contract requires the rest of us have to do................... and what is so bad about weighing 300 pounds? I am close to 300 pounds and fairly tall and relatively healthy.......................................... now I am angry that she is slagging off well built people...................... she won't get any sympathy for her imagined slight from me..........

and as for being Platinum - who isn't Platinum or more these days...... what's that like, 5 completed cruises? Platinum is now very oversubscribed, not "special" at all.

Thanks for the many great responses! Yes, I did call the 800 number this morning -- the one in the email -- at 1-800-774-6237 (North America).

I had virtually no way of knowing if BIANCA, who I spoke with, was a Princess rep or a 300-LB person on a bed somewhere. (Isn't that the quote?)

Really? No way of knowing??? That is the number listed prominently on the top of the Princess web site. Why did you call a number you were unsure of rather than simply checking on the web site and verifying the number?

I had a letter left on the last night of my cruise over night in my mail box. Demanding payment no less for stuff I had bought on that sailing, no please or thank you just the amount they wanted.

At least in was in your mailbox, I came back to the cabin on Celebrity recently to see my statement faceup on the bed and also a note and envelope from ( the not very good) Stewart suggesting I tip him extra, and the amount he thought was appropriate.

Guess he thought if I spent that much while on the cruise I could afford to tip him more..........................

My comment...brief, I hope...

The required items to board the ship, ie, receive your room key and embark are

1. Proper ID (passport or birth certificate for US citizens on WHTI trips)

2. Financial means to cover onboard expenses.

3. A completed, signed health declaration that shows no likelihood of contagion. (the liars certificate)

No printout, no luggage, etc is required.

But the OP is "special" and should not have to do what the government or the passage contract requires the rest of us have to do................... and what is so bad about weighing 300 pounds? I am close to 300 pounds and fairly tall and relatively healthy.......................................... now I am angry that she is slagging off well built people...................... she won't get any sympathy for her imagined slight from me..........

and as for being Platinum - who isn't Platinum or more these days...... what's that like, 5 completed cruises? Platinum is now very oversubscribed, not "special" at all.

That 300 LB thing is a TRUMP QUOTE! I was trying to be funny, by quoting Trump, but didn't want to mention his name because I figured that would bring on a slew of politi-babble. (I'm overweight, myself!) I sure don't consider myself SPECIAL -- I called them at 9 a.m. on the dot. I tried to enter the info they wanted on the website and it wouldn't let me. I guess they wanted credit card info but they threatened me with IMMIGRATION -- the word "immigration." Two different things. Of course they ARE going to get my credit card at check-in. The email indicated I might not be able to board the ship -- I consider that A THREAT.

If your so upset over a little thing like this, cancel your cruise, you’ve set yourself up for an awful time.

That 300 LB thing is a TRUMP QUOTE! I was trying to be funny, by quoting Trump, but didn't want to mention his name because I figured that would bring on a slew of politi-babble. (I'm overweight, myself!) I sure don't consider myself SPECIAL -- I called them at 9 a.m. on the dot. I tried to enter the info they wanted on the website and it wouldn't let me. I guess they wanted credit card info but they threatened me with IMMIGRATION -- the word "immigration." Two different things. Of course they ARE going to get my credit card at check-in. The email indicated I might not be able to board the ship -- I consider that A THREAT.

Yes you sure will win friends and influence people by quoting Trump.

When you are not just Platinum you may have had time and experience enough to learn to just do what they ask and not worry about why or what they say, just do it, suck it up and move on with the cruise.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

I think I've explained it all well enough at this point.

Yes and no one agrees with you or even finds it particularly interesting..................... but maybe your spleen is vented? Feel better?

Make the best you can of the cruise, after all you paid for it and entered all the info.

I should know better than to click on a thread like this......I get pulled in by the TITLE! and then am always disappointed by the context.

I should know better than to click on a thread like this......I get pulled in by the TITLE! and then am always disappointed by the context.

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What does Platinum status have to do with anything?

I think the OP means that as she is just platinum she hasn't really had enough experience to deal with the badly worded emails massmarket cruiselines send out when required data has not been entered correctly.

3. A completed, signed health declaration that shows no likelihood of contagion. (the liars certificate)

OK, THAT was funny. ;p

What does Platinum status have to do with anything?

It means your cruise count with Princess is to low and get on some more cruises

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Don't worry - be happy! You're going to have a terrific time and we're all jealous you're going and we're here working!:D

The OP feels actually threatened by a notice advising her of some missing information, doesn't have the common sense to just call Princess and get to the bottom of the issue, and then decides she needs to make fun of POTUS along the way. And she admits knowing she had issue entering her CC and had not followed up with Princess. I'd just delete the thread completely. What a waste.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

One of your older posts states:

"Flying from Milan to Sarasota last November I had a couple of "iffy" experiences with two different security personnel (in Atlanta) that left me feeling a bit abused."

So - you felt abused then, and feel threatened now.

Maybe travel is not really for you in these days of heightened security procedures?

We're PLATINUM members of Princess. It's a week before we sail and I get a threatening "immigration" email from Princess, warning me that if I don't call them by 9 a.m. Tuesday (today) I might not be able to board the ship.

Failure to provide complete immigration information by 9:00 PM PST on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 may result in boarding delays or denial of boarding.

Never mind the threat of denied boarding. I suggest you double check your boarding time or you may miss the ship.

I made my original post for a few reasons: 1) Angry with Princess for threatening me 2) Maybe someone else will receive that email and know they're not alone 3) Find out what other cruisers have to say about it 4) Maybe Princess can change their tone?

The information they were requesting is what is required by US Customs and Immigration and Homeland security prior to your cruise. This data has to be sent well in advance of boarding so that it can be checked. Princess was simply prompting you to make sure it was filled out and explaining why that was important. To me the email didn't come across as threatening at all but simply Princess explaining to you that missing information can cause boarding delays or even denial of boarding. To me Princess is providing you with factual information and this is very appropriate and reasonable. My response if I got such an email would be to log in, check that my information was complete, if not, complete it, if it was complete then I'd log out, call Princess and make sure it looked complete to their rep as well. If not, I would ask the rep to help me complete it. If it looked fine to the rep, then I would know I had no worries. I would assume there might be a computer glitch. I certainly wouldn't fret over Princess explaining the importance of completing this information which is required for security purposes. After all, in the times we are living in, security is of great concern in all types of travel.

Wow - Tarred and feathered.

I'm heading for my second bowl of popcorn after I stop off at the buffet and pick up some butter packets.

One more requirement: You have to agree to the terms of the cruise contract. Not having done so by completing the cruise personalizer could make check in an arduous task. And the threat of denied boarding is legit for those who do not complete online check in and miss the cut off time for arrival at the pier.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Your thinking and that of other peoples shows a very big difference. So far many find your explanation very lacking and your attitude leaves much to be desired. Good luck on future postings.

You don't get preferential treatment regardless of your Captain's Circle status when it comes to documentation. At least they are giving you a heads up. They really don't have to. It's your responsibility to ensure you have the proper documents. I can understand freaking out since you clearly have to provide some missing information, but only on the basis that it could impact your ability to get on that ship. Even celebrities get denied entry to countries when there are issues with paperwork.