Rumporium activity cancelled - why?

bgoff60

We sail on Jan 13th on the Harmony OTS. Our son and his GF had previously signed up for the on-shore activity called the Rumporium in St Thomas. They were just notified that the activity has been cancelled.

Anybody have the inside on why they may have cancelled that activity? (Hurricane related?)

Anyone gone on that tour in the last month that can comment?

Edited by bgoff60
wrong city

We sail on Jan 13th on the Harmony OTS. Our son and his GF had previously signed up for the on-shore activity called the Rumporium in St Thomas. They were just notified that the activity has been cancelled.

Anybody have the inside on why they may have cancelled that activity? (Hurricane related?)

Try asking the shore excursions people at shorex@rccl.com.

We had a shore tour in Antigua cancel also. It was a Tall Ship that is based in St. Martin. I assume that it was damaged during the hurricane. I'd assume that with your tour also. Maybe not, but St. Thomas was pretty beat up and they are still trying to recover. I'd guess the hurricane damage was the reason for the cancellation.

We are sailing on Dec 3 and also received an email that Rumporium was cancelled. Our email indicated it was cancelled due to operational reasons. We thought it may have to do with issues because of the hurricane. We've already had our money refunded to our credit card and booked a different tour.

I'm glad to be notified of this in advance since it gave us the opportunity to find something else before boarding.

Edited by venicia
duplicate post

We sail on Oasis on Dec 3 and St Thomas was a sub for St Martin. We booked the Rumporium but also received an email cancelling the tour. The email indicated it was due to operational issues. We think it had to do with the hurricane.

We have already had our money refunded to our credit card and booked a different tour. I'm glad they notified us in advance, this gave us an opportunity to book a different tour. We have been on ships and notified at the last minute that a tour was cancelled and then had a difficult time booking something that appealed to us.

Given that you were notified this far in advance I'm guessing it definitely had something to do with the hurricane. I've had excursions cancelled before, but it's always been once onboard, usually just a few days before the scheduled excursion.