Janet524

FLL - 2/25/18 - What's going on?

I am looking at the prices for hotels for the night of 2/25/18 and they are crazy high. We're staying at the Hyatt Place at 17th Street next month and it's $80 less than the rate for 2/25/18. I've checked a whole list from LaQuinta to Marriotts and they're all crazy.

Is there some kind of event going on that's driving the rates so high? We've stayed in FLL about this same time in previous years and I don't remember the hotels being as expensive.

You are right rooms are very high. Try the Home2 Suites by Hilton. They have 2 in FLL. We stayed in one 2 weeks ago on the west coast. It was excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

High season prices. We are staying in January and it is crazy high too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am unaware of anything major going on in February. But lots of people do like to come to Florida in the winter!

I am looking at the prices for hotels for the night of 2/25/18 and they are crazy high. We're staying at the Hyatt Place at 17th Street next month and it's $80 less than the rate for 2/25/18. I've checked a whole list from LaQuinta to Marriotts and they're all crazy.

Is there some kind of event going on that's driving the rates so high? We've stayed in FLL about this same time in previous years and I don't remember the hotels being as expensive.

Use valuetrips .Com and you can get the Hyatt Place for $219 in the peak months. A good deal.

Rates are always high Jan. - March. Nothing unusual happening.

Use valuetrips .Com and you can get the Hyatt Place for $219 in the peak months. A good deal.

Rates are always high Jan. - March. Nothing unusual happening.

Thanks for the info! Will definitely check it out. Thank also to everyone for the input.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Forums mobile app

Fort Lauderdale is having record occupancy which is why there are currently four hotels under construction downtown.

That's the end of President's Day Week when a lot of schools are off. It also leads into March so you're likely seeing the beginning of high season spring break rates too.

Have you tried Hotwire for an unnamed hotel? That's what we did for Fort Lauderdale before, and how I have just booked my Miami hotel

Another reason why that weekend is so busy and expensive is the South Beach Wine & Food Festival. Although most of the events are in South Beach, there are some events in and around Fort Lauderdale, which attract a lot of visitors.

Good suggestion about Hotwire.