Sfo - ppt

Tahitianbigkahuna

• 4 weeks later...

French Blue starts SFO - PPT service in May

United starts SFO - PPT service on October 30th

French Blue is still asking for a price approval

United can be booked but the inaugural flight is an expensive one and you can go out beyond November 8th as of today so no way to know what they will be charging, I'm sure that will be established once French Blue announces their fare.

United will leave SFO at 2:30 pm and arrive at 8:30 pm. The return will be 10:30 pm arriving back at SFO at 10:30 am.

Both say they will be using Boeing 787 aircraft.

French Blue starts SFO - PPT service in May

United starts SFO - PPT service on October 30th

French Blue is still asking for a price approval

United can be booked but the inaugural flight is an expensive one and you can go out beyond November 8th as of today so no way to know what they will be charging, I'm sure that will be established once French Blue announces their fare.

United will leave SFO at 2:30 pm and arrive at 8:30 pm. The return will be 10:30 pm arriving back at SFO at 10:30 am.

Both say they will be using Boeing 787 aircraft.

Thanks for the update!

Thanks for the update!

This will be vary nice for you ....

And us as it is only a 3 hour drive for us to SFO ... well when there is no traffic and as the United flight arrives at 1:30 and leaves at 2:30 the traffic shouldn't be to bad. I'm thinking this will give us some other options and hopefully a better price on our annual trips to paradise :)

French Blue I believe will be departing in the late evening for SFO and arriving mid morning. As French Blue is a true discounter I'm hoping to see a fare under $1000 as the norm. I remember ATN once had a fare of $340 R/T for their promo. Think we'll never see something like that again but under $1000 with no length restrictions would be super.

This will be vary nice for you ....

And us as it is only a 3 hour drive for us to SFO ... well when there is no traffic and as the United flight arrives at 1:30 and leaves at 2:30 the traffic shouldn't be to bad. I'm thinking this will give us some other options and hopefully a better price on our annual trips to paradise :)

French Blue I believe will be departing in the late evening for SFO and arriving mid morning. As French Blue is a true discounter I'm hoping to see a fare under $1000 as the norm. I remember ATN once had a fare of $340 R/T for their promo. Think we'll never see something like that again but under $1000 with no length restrictions would be super.

Oh wow, if that is what happens with French Blue, then we may be returning to FP sooner than expected!! I prefer the redeye flights because it means one less day of vacation from work. And yes, flying from SFO would be way better for us than flying from LAX, so between the cheaper airfare and not needing a connecting flight, we will definitely look into French Blue! Thanks for the exciting news :)

Appears French Blue will start flying from SFO to PPT on May 11, 2018.

Leaving SFO at 11:55 pm, arriving PPT at 5:15 am.

Departing PPT at 7:30 am, arriving SFO at 6:30 pm.

They have ordered one Airbus 350-900 for the flights between Paris and PPT with the stop at SFO. Based on the proposed 2 class configuration French Blue will handle up to 411 passengers. 2 classes, similar to economy and premium economy. Economy will be 3-4-3 layout, that's 10 abreast ... WOW! 2-3-2 configuration for the 35 seats in premium economy.

United will be using the Boeing 787 and start SFO - PPT service October 30, 2018. United will be offering a 2/3 class service. Business (36), premium economy and economy. Appears the United configuration will allow 216 passengers.

Departing SFO at 2:45 pm, arriving PPT 9:25 pm

Departing PPT 11:45 pm, arriving SFO 10:50 am

Would appear the two airlines are looking for a different customer.

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

Thanks for the great update. Is it too much to wish for 1 way fares? I will have to check it out.

Actually immigration has the right to refuse entry if you don't have a return ticket or a ticket heading from FP to another country. Typically the officers never ask but it is in the policy that you must have a ticket leaving the country upon entry.

• 1 month later...

As of today 1/19/18 - French (changed it name from French Blue due to legal issues) has not been granted permission to sell tickets on the SFO-PPT leg yet by the US government. It still shows just a technical stop i.e. refueling.

I checked a random round trip this November on United. $1470 round trip in economy. $4750 in business. 160K for an economy award ticket and 350K for business. Very disappointing. Also 160K leaving from Newark by the way but a paid ticket not possible at the moment. Would have to buy a separate ticket to SFO.

I can fly from New Jersey to Hong Kong for for $700 round trip and 80K round trip in economy. Twice the distance and time.

Tokyo is 70K round trip

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I checked a random round trip this November on United. $1470 round trip in economy. $4750 in business. 160K for an economy award ticket and 350K for business. Very disappointing. Also 160K leaving from Newark by the way but a paid ticket not possible at the moment. Would have to buy a separate ticket to SFO.

I can fly from New Jersey to Hong Kong for for $700 round trip and 80K round trip in economy. Twice the distance and time.

Tokyo is 70K round trip

Give it time .... United over the last few days has taken a beating on Wall Street because they said they were going to go head to head with discounters. No need to drop the prices yet from SFO to PPT as French Blue hasn't started to fly that route yet plus they are still waiting on permission to sell SFO - PPT. But once they do my guess is United will drop their prices considerably.

• 4 weeks later...

It's official! French Blue is now called French Bee. But the big news is they now have traffic rights to pickup passengers in SFO and deliver to PPT plus the return.

They will operate two R/T per week between SFO to PPT. Flights will be:

BF710 San Francisco to Papeete departing 11:55PM arriving 5:15AM (+1 day)

BF711 Papeete to San Francisco departing 7:30AM arriving 6:30PM

It appears the airline is working on getting up a English website to purchase tickets. Currently the French language website only has PPT - SFO R/T but that should change soon.

In terms of the fares, right now I see advertized 334.50EUR roundtrip fares from Tahiti to San Francisco. FYI that is $413 USD :O

When I try the French site to book the fares seem to be around $580 USD ....

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

It's official! French Blue is now called French Bee. But the big news is they now have traffic rights to pickup passengers in SFO and deliver to PPT plus the return.

They will operate two R/T per week between SFO to PPT. Flights will be:

BF710 San Francisco to Papeete departing 11:55PM arriving 5:15AM (+1 day)

BF711 Papeete to San Francisco departing 7:30AM arriving 6:30PM

It appears the airline is working on getting up a English website to purchase tickets. Currently the French language website only has PPT - SFO R/T but that should change soon.

In terms of the fares, right now I see 334.50EUR roundtrip fares from Tahiti to San Francisco. FYI that is $413 USD :O

That’s fantastic. Thanks for posting. Do you know if such flights are available for booking in US now?

That’s fantastic. Thanks for posting. Do you know if such flights are available for booking in US now?

I believed I answered that ....

"It appears the airline is working on getting up a English website to purchase tickets. Currently the French language website only has PPT - SFO R/T but that should change soon."

Interestingly I checked ATN and they are matching the fare of $505 USD but on thier PPT-LAX route and only on the same days French Bee will be flying PPT-SFO. Could get real interesting soon.

Upon further review it appears the configuration on the Airbus 350-900 that French Bee is using seats 400+ including the flight crew.

Appears that the seats are 18" across in economy. 9 across in economy 3-3-3 ....

That is extremely tight ....

United will be in the 250 range on the Boeing 787 .... another words an entirely different flyer demographic unless you purchase an upgraded seat on French Bee but it appears there will be limited upgraded seating available.

• 2 weeks later...