Cruise Critic Community
Redking

Watching the Ashes on the Celebrity Solstice

Dread to think how many pax I would manage to take out if you let me loose with a pitching wedge on the lawn!

Perhaps your 9 iron would be more appropriate.:* Just easy on the back swing or you might knock out the Bridge Officers.:loudcry::halo:

Perhaps your 9 iron would be more appropriate.:* Just easy on the back swing or you might knock out the Bridge Officers.:loudcry::halo:

Right you are

Sent from my SM-G900I using Forums mobile app

England were 196/4 at stumps.

All out for 302 at the luncheon break. Not a bad effort.:cool: I am not overly impressed with the 'keeper Tim Paine. 'Just' a Sheffield Shield Player in my opinion. Better keepers around, IMO.

Tim Payne was hard done by in his first stint in test cricket. Kept breaking hands/fingers and was replaced by Haddin. Never did anything wrong but didn't make it back until now when he doesn't even keep for Tas.

Goes to show its no longer good enough to be a good keeper. You need to have form with the bat.

Anyway Poms are into our tail order now!😥

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Tim Payne was hard done by in his first stint in test cricket. Kept breaking hands/fingers and was replaced by Haddin. Never did anything wrong but didn't make it back until now when he doesn't even keep for Tas.

Goes to show its no longer good enough to be a good keeper. You need to have form with the bat.

Anyway Poms are into our tail order now!��

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Into the middle order, hope Paine gets some runs. Can we get Wally Grout or Rod Marsh or even Gilly back ? Legends of the gloves.

Into the middle order, hope Paine gets some runs. Can we get Wally Grout or Rod Marsh or even Gilly back ? Legends of the gloves.

What we have missing lately in our Keeper/Batsmen is that fighting rearguard stubbornness. Even Healy would dig in when required.

Other thing that'd be nice is some guys who put a high price on their wicket in the top order. Thought we hsd that in Hanscome but his LBW today was meek. Why would he play back to what should have been a lively half volley.

Oh and to stay in topic - while you wont be able to watch much ashes cricket on carnival, perhaps an update or 2 via cricinfo with a red frog or 2 will quench the red ball thirst!

Now if the Americans played cricket at Test level, then the cricket would be beamed into ships like Celebrity Solstice. Would be great, better than that Gridiron and Baseball, IMO. :evilsmile:

But the Americans are big on golf, so is the the Aussie Open Golf tuned in ? :mad: After all Mr Speith is playing.

Now if the Americans played cricket at Test level, then the cricket would be beamed into ships like Celebrity Solstice. Would be great, better than that Gridiron and Baseball, IMO. :evilsmile:

But the Americans are big on golf, so is the the Aussie Open Golf tuned in ? :mad: After all Mr Speith is playing.

I'm surprised they don't televise the Catalina Country Club Saturday 4BBB.

Some stars in that. Should be on FoxSports. :halo: I do sign autographs and give lessons - for a small fee in order to support my cruise addiction.;p And the pro shop sells Vili pies, they tell me they are good.

Great century by Skipper Smithy, good support from Cummins.:cool: Tea is taken. Perhaps an apple pie with cream? :cool: Even a Brisvegas Lamington.:rolleyes:

:halo: I do sign autographs and give lessons - for a small fee in order to support my cruise addiction.;p .

How mush for an autograph .... or a leshion ...... being a little person that lives under the stairs I bet I can not only match you I can lower the cost, as I has lower overheads !!!!! :').

Probably something from Mar Elago.

How mush for an autograph .... or a leshion ...... being a little person that lives under the stairs I bet I can not only match you I can lower the cost, as I has lower overheads !!!!! :').

I take all credit cards spethial discount for Strayans and Ship Elfs (Elves?) :*

Got some cut down golf clubs for you little folk.:halo:

All over at ye olde Gabba, Australia demolished the England team by 10 wickets.:p

All over at ye olde Gabba, Australia demolished the England team by 10 wickets.:p

Ex- Capt. Cook all at sea again, quite a few need the application of the "Broad" sword to get to the 'Root" of the problem, methinks.... :o

Cheers r. :cool:

It was televised on the Pacific Eden, just did a comedy cruise and caught the telecast every now and then for a score update. Now I didn't watch whole sessions (not more than 10 mins at a time, when ducking back to the cabin) but it was nice that it was on.

Ex- Capt. Cook all at sea again, quite a few need the application of the "Broad" sword to get to the 'Root" of the problem, methinks.... :o

Cheers r. :cool:

Should buy Mr Cook a ticket for Hawaii perhaps?

Should buy Mr Cook a ticket for Hawaii perhaps?

G'day Mic

Lol... a tour of the Sandwich Islands to digest his fate would be acceptable. :evilsmile:

Cheers r.

:cool:

G'day Mic

Lol... a tour of the Sandwich Islands to digest his fate would be acceptable. :evilsmile:

Cheers r.

:cool:

Yes, they do a nice pot stew there.;p

It was televised on the Pacific Eden, just did a comedy cruise and caught the telecast every now and then for a score update. Now I didn't watch whole sessions (not more than 10 mins at a time, when ducking back to the cabin) but it was nice that it was on.

Was the english team part of the comedy act - or just Johnny Bairstowe?

Good to see at least one cruise line has the TV priorities right :o

Was the english team part of the comedy act - or just Johnny Bairstowe?

Good to see at least one cruise line has the TV priorities right :o

LOL, the 'Poms' did alright for the first two days but then lost their way so I suppose the comedy act came into play. As for Bairstowe, I think that until all the facts are revealed, it is all a big BUTT.:p

LOL, the 'Poms' did alright for the first two days but then lost their way so I suppose the comedy act came into play. As for Bairstowe, I think that until all the facts are revealed, it is all a big BUTT.:p

It's not like there won't be dozens of witnesses one way or the other - the guy has high viz hair! :evilsmile: