Booking future cruise while aboard vs. through personal cruise consultant

classicwhaler

Question: HAL pushes booking future cruises while aboard, often offering extra on board credit or other perks. But we have a strong relationship with our HAL personal cruise consultant and don't want them to lose business if we book outside of them. Guidance please!

When you book while onboard the reservation is credited to the TA or PCC you booked your current cruise with, unless you tell them otherwise.

My PCC encourages me to book while onboard, so she must be getting credit for it!

If you book on board, be careful that you know the correct details about the cruise you're booking, i.e. deadlines, non-refundable deposits, penalties, etc. I, and others, have found that sometimes on-board cruise consultants give incorrect information about important financial details about the cruises they are selling.

When this happens and you discover the mistakes later, it can be very difficult, if not impossible, to undo the damage.

Question: HAL pushes booking future cruises while aboard, often offering extra on board credit or other perks. But we have a strong relationship with our HAL personal cruise consultant and don't want them to lose business if we book outside of them. Guidance please!

The HAL PCC is automatically the agent for the new cruise booked onboard IF the current cruise was booked thru that same PCC. As I learned earlier, I made a new onboard booking while on a cruise that I had booked online by myself. Later at home, I had to fill in a transfer of authority form allowing the PCC to control the new cruise. No need to transfer authority if the current cruise was booked thru the HAL PCC.

• 1 month later...
If you book on board, be careful that you know the correct details about the cruise you're booking, i.e. deadlines, non-refundable deposits, penalties, etc. I, and others, have found that sometimes on-board cruise consultants give incorrect information about important financial details about the cruises they are selling.

When this happens and you discover the mistakes later, it can be very difficult, if not impossible, to undo the damage.

This is very good information to follow. We booked on board a while back and the FCC was a nit wit. When we got back, we found out how uninformed they were. Just buy a Future Cruise Credit and deal with it when you return home. JMHO!

This is very good information to follow. We booked on board a while back and the FCC was a nit wit. When we got back' date=' we found out how uninformed they were. Just buy a Future Cruise Credit and deal with it when you return home. JMHO![/quote']

Also, if you wait to get home to book that cruise, you can still get the double OBC you would have gotten if you had booked onboard if it is within 60 days of the end of the cruise.

This is very good information to follow. We booked on board a while back and the FCC was a nit wit. When we got back' date=' we found out how uninformed they were. Just buy a Future Cruise Credit and deal with it when you return home. JMHO![/quote']

Exactly what we do. My experience with the Onboard Cruise Consultants has been hit or miss, mostly misses.

• 1 month later...

On our last Cruise we used the FCC on board who gave us Air Credits more than normal ,in writing, which HAL refuse to honor.They claimed that what was on the document only applied to a Voyage in May 18 and not the Booking we made at the time for Sept 18.An error with the date by the FCC.Too bad.

Also a Warning to all Australians concerning the Free Cruise Certificate you can win at Bingo, which we did, worth $US1000.

You don't get to read the Terms and Conditions until you win and get a Certificate. They are basically unusable.Only apply if you pay Full Fare with no incentives/not transferable/can't redeem etc.

We considered booking onboard our last cruise, but when we got to the Explorations Lounge, the Future Cruise Consultant’s area was like a doctors office, (sorry, I’ve seen way to many Drs lately)........ One leaves, “Mrs Banjo, please step in”...... I couldn’t take it!

We considered booking onboard our last cruise, but when we got to the Explorations Lounge, the Future Cruise Consultant’s area was like a doctors office, (sorry, I’ve seen way to many Drs lately)........ One leaves, “Mrs Banjo, please step in”...... I couldn’t take it!

If I'm not mistaken you can still contact your HAL PCC within 60 days after your last cruise and still get the onboard booking credit on that future cruise you wanted to book. We haven't done it in awhile, but it's worth asking.

On our last Cruise we used the FCC on board who gave us Air Credits more than normal ,in writing, which HAL refuse to honor.They claimed that what was on the document only applied to a Voyage in May 18 and not the Booking we made at the time for Sept 18.An error with the date by the FCC.Too bad.

Also a Warning to all Australians concerning the Free Cruise Certificate you can win at Bingo, which we did, worth $US1000.

You don't get to read the Terms and Conditions until you win and get a Certificate. They are basically unusable.Only apply if you pay Full Fare with no incentives/not transferable/can't redeem etc.

The free cruise is only for an interior cabin but you still have to pay for the tax and port fees even if you are from the USA. And it is only good for the Caribbean or the Mexican Riviera. You can upgrade to a higher cabin and pay the difference.

The free cruise is only for an interior cabin but you still have to pay for the tax and port fees even if you are from the USA. And it is only good for the Caribbean or the Mexican Riviera. You can upgrade to a higher cabin and pay the difference.

Bolding mine. I was able to use my bingo cruise for a Pacific Coastal cruise. I believe others have been able to apply their win to cruises in other locations, too.

Bolding mine. I was able to use my bingo cruise for a Pacific Coastal cruise. I believe others have been able to apply their win to cruises in other locations, too.

Agree. While I haven't won a cruise, my friend did. When she called they were very flexible on the booking options.