Butler and concierge tip question

ad69690

Do I tip both the day and night cabin steward, the butler (who ever that is, do they wear a different uniform), the concierge? ( is that the guy that books shore tours, the dining staff, etc). Think I need to put up a "Go fund me" site just to pay tips.

Do I tip both the day and night cabin steward, the butler (who ever that is, do they wear a different uniform), the concierge? ( is that the guy that books shore tours, the dining staff, etc). Think I need to put up a "Go fund me" site just to pay tips.

We've usually only had one steward but our last trip there was the one main steward and he had two assistants which is a first for us. There isn't a day or night steward though. I just tipped the main steward and let him figure it out if he wanted to share. I wasn't sure if the guys were in training or what.

Butlers wear black pants and a gray with black stripe vest - you'll know who everyone is. Concierge and any assistants (mostly the larger ships but we've had assistants on Dawn Class) you'll also at least know who they are in most cases.

You really don't need to tip the Cabin Steward anything extra, if you don't want to. The DSC for suites is $2.00 or $3.00 (depending when you booked) higher than non-suite cabins. The only ones,would be the Butler, who will introduced him/herself to you and the Concierge, who yes books shore excursions, restaurant reservations, etc.