Has anyone used italytours.eu recently? Looking for recommendations

Has anyone been in contact with the company about potential cancellations/restrictions due to coronavirus? 
I’ve booked excursions with them for May.. just wondering if anyone that’s due to tour with them in April has had any communication from them.

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted them about canceling our tour May 6 for 3 of us In Cannes since our cruise will likely be cancelled.  Here is the response which is very reasonable. We just have to decide if we wish to rebook for 2021. 

1 - A full refund for the cost paid to us less cost of tickets, if any ---OR

2 – A refund of 25% of what you paid to us right now less cost of tickets (66.75 Euros) + a credit for the full amount already paid less cost of tickets (credit for 100% of the cost à 267 Euros) to be used anytime in the future.

If you think that you will be re-booking your holiday at anytime in the future and you want to enjoy a 25% refund now + have a credit for the full amount to be used anytime in the future, then option #2 would be the best option. We will hold the credit for you in our system and you may use it next year or even years from now. You can also pass the credit to your family/friends.  

The reason we are offering option #2 is that we would like to have you tour with us when things improve again and we wish to reward you for that :-)

18 minutes ago, RuthCD said:

I contacted them about canceling our tour May 6 for 3 of us In Cannes since our cruise will likely be cancelled.  Here is the response which is very reasonable. We just have to decide if we wish to rebook for 2021. 

1 - A full refund for the cost paid to us less cost of tickets, if any ---OR

2 – A refund of 25% of what you paid to us right now less cost of tickets (66.75 Euros) + a credit for the full amount already paid less cost of tickets (credit for 100% of the cost à 267 Euros) to be used anytime in the future.

If you think that you will be re-booking your holiday at anytime in the future and you want to enjoy a 25% refund now + have a credit for the full amount to be used anytime in the future, then option #2 would be the best option. We will hold the credit for you in our system and you may use it next year or even years from now. You can also pass the credit to your family/friends.  

The reason we are offering option #2 is that we would like to have you tour with us when things improve again and we wish to reward you for that :-)

We still have around 7 months before our October 25th Allure sailing so keeping fingers crossed  everything will settle down by then and we go as planned. This also includes the  Nov 1st TA.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have been trying to cancel my excursions with them since my cruise was canceled last week, I have not received a response from them.  Has anybody contacted them recently?

1 hour ago, BigBitt said:

Well, I have been trying to cancel my excursions with them since my cruise was canceled last week, I have not received a response from them.  Has anybody contacted them recently?

I haven't but wouldn't be surprised if they aren't handling many cancellations right now. I hope we will not have to contact them  and our Western Med goes as planned. I have the same information that tours will be refunded but not tickets in the event a tour is cancelled. 

2 hours ago, BigBitt said:

There's also no way to know whether or not the proprietors themselves, family, friends, etc have not been directly impacted by COVID and if that isn't the reason for the delayed reply. It's important to keep in mind that Italy has been the hardest hit country in Europe.

Small businesses are won't have the larger staff and systems to fall. back on in the event of a major disaster which unfortunately, is exactly is what has happened all over the world. That said, they enjoy a good reputation and so if at all possible, one would imagine that when it's possible, they will do the best that they can. And it's safe to say then when things eventually return to some sort of normal, things won't ever happening be the same way again again. What that looks like, it's way too easy to imagine right now.

In the meantime, you've communicated with the company, as challenging as it may be, hang on, it's sure you'll hear from someone at some point. 

Keep well and stay safe.  

I emailed them on the 1st and got a response back yesterday with the same cancellation offer that RuthCD posted about on 3/24. We're not going to be able to reschedule so I told her I needed a full refund.  😞 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 9:56 PM, amypintx said:

I emailed them on the 1st and got a response back yesterday with the same cancellation offer that RuthCD posted about on 3/24. We're not going to be able to reschedule so I told her I needed a full refund.  😞 

I did the same on April 2nd and also emailed back choosing full refund. Within about a week the refund showed up back to my credit card. Great company to deal with.

• 2 months later...

Any update on the fine people at italytours.eu?

Are they okay?

are they still in business?

Hope they are doing well.

Have a 12 day cruise booked for July 2021. Time to start researching and confirming plans. (With a Covid-19 opt out back-up plan in place 😲)

I can only comment on using the company a couple of years ago, found them good, vans clean, staff helpful and knowledgeable and a added bonus good price.

On refunds all companies have been slow, my longest wait was 12 weeks.

On 7/6/2020 at 8:39 AM, klfrodo said:

Any update on the fine people at italytours.eu?

Are they okay?

are they still in business?

Hope they are doing well.

Have a 12 day cruise booked for July 2021. Time to start researching and confirming plans. (With a Covid-19 opt out back-up plan in place 😲)

Yes they are still in business.  We had to cancel one excursion when our cruise in May was canceled.  We rebooked for next year and have just booked excursions with them from Livorno and Naples.  Same great service.

On 7/10/2020 at 8:37 AM, hoopslover said:

Yes they are still in business.  We had to cancel one excursion when our cruise in May was canceled.  We rebooked for next year and have just booked excursions with them from Livorno and Naples.  Same great service.

Thank you for the feedback.

I decided to go ahead and make our reservations. I'm thinking that since all the 2020 reservations got cancelled, most of them will try to just move to 2021. I better get my name on the list now.