Celebrity Transatlantic Sea Days Question - Knitting or Crafting Group Gatherings?

debcruising

Hi, I will be on the Eclipse April, 2018 TA Miami to Dublin. I usually cruise with Holland and have seen Knitting/Crafting rooms available on sea days.

Does Celebrity offer this, by chance? I am asking as my sister-in-law loves to Quilt and we are hoping Celebrity offers small conference rooms for groups to gather. If so, are they listed in the "Daily Program?" I've read here recently that HAL offers the rooms, but no longer prints the days & times.

Thanks in advance for your input. Happy Travels!

CruiseStitch, thanks so much for your quick and helpful info! I will be adding my name to the roll call soon and will mention that. It is also nice to know that Celebrity has a Community Bulletin Board! Do we have to wait til we set sail, or can we communicate with them beforehand? Thanks!!

I also have been on cruises in which a group of crochet/knitters initially organized themselves through the roll call. But once onboard, just have one of the group go to Guest Relations and ask that a sign be placed on the Community Bulletin Board with the meeting place and time the group has already selected.

We have seen ‘crafty’ groups in the library area, the main foyer area (near guest relations) and in the cards/games area. All are fine for smaller groups...if you are a larger gathering you could ask at guest relations for suggestions.

As others have said, the roll call is a great way pre cruise to make some connections.

The only places Celebrity don’t like you to gather for activities are those that serve food and beverages like Oceanview and Cafe el Bacio...We did see an avid group of mahjong players moved from Oceanview one lunchtime as they were hogging two big tables when guests were wondering around with full plates!

A few cruises ago, our first day was a rainy sea day. I took myself, and my knitting, up to the Sky Lounge, just after lunch. It all started with one lady asking what I was knitting. We chatted and she asked if I would mind if she went and got her knitting and joined me. By mid-afternoon, there were five of us- three knitting, one crocheting and one doing needlepoint. We set an afternoon time to meet for the rest of the cruise. Sometimes all of us met, sometimes only two or three, especially on port days. We were an "older" group, so most of us did not spend all of the port days off the ship. It was great fun and I still keep in touch with one of the group.