Will Princess ditch OM

antsp

Besides faster internet speed, one other advantage is the hands-free door unlocking just like a key fob that unlocks your car door for you.

Some people like the medallion's ability to track family and friends around the ship, so you can more easily find a friend or relative you're searching for.

I can take or leave the medallion. It neither intimidates me nor impresses me.

I don't understand passengers who call Princess to say that they are heartbroken that they cannot have quote "the enhanced passenger experience" that the medallion provides, so they are either cancelling the cruise or insisting on OBC.

What is up with that?

And, what the heck is an "enhanced passenger experience".?

You get a text message from the EFFY store saying, "we see you were in here yesterday, so come back today to look at rings again." ??? Is that it?

Cancel a lovely cruise because the key fob isn't working and they have to use a cruise card?:rolleyes:. "Sad." Doesn't make any sense to me.

Edited by EastBay Cruisers

Besides faster internet speed, one other advantage is the hands-free door opening, just like a key fob that unlocks your car door for you.

Well, while it unlocks the door for you, it doesn't allow you hands-free opening since you still have to push down on the door handle to unlatch (not unlock) the door. But, I guess if you consider that pushing down on the latch with your arm would unlatch the door as being hands-free, that would qualify.

Tom

Well, while it unlocks the door for you, it doesn't allow you hands-free opening since you still have to push down on the door handle to unlatch (not unlock) the door. But, I guess if you consider that pushing down on the latch with your arm would unlatch the door as being hands-free, that would qualify.

Tom

True. The medallion is a hands-free unlocking device. It's contactless.

Inside of having to find your cruise card,then insert it into the door, the medallion will unlock your door without making contact with it.

You still have to press the lever to open the door, just like opening the passenger door to your car. They key fob unlocks it, but does not open it. - EBC

I don't understand passengers who call Princess to say that they are heartbroken that they cannot have quote "the enhanced passenger experience" that the medallion provides, so they are either cancelling the cruise or insisting on OBC.

What is up with that?

Some people booked a cruise advertised by Princess as a Medallion cruise, specifically to see what this new technology was like.

I chose a princess Regal cruise instead of a MSC Seaside cruise for this reason - I debated "newer ship" vs "*****" technology. To be told by princess, after final payment, that my Cruise would not be an ***** cruise is wrong. Why were people not told before final payment? (I believe princess has changed their methodology on this now, converting to ***** preview cruises).

The issue isn't 'how useful is this technology'. Princess advertised something they couldn't deliver on (and actually continued to advertise ***** cruises, knowing they couldn't deliver on it) - that's wrong and they should be held accountable.

People are requesting OBC because they aren't getting what they paid for when they booked their cruise and made their final payment. Plain and simple.

I am not advocating that the ***** Medallion is the be-all-and-end-all of cruising. But I am advocating that Princess passengers should be getting what they paid for.

Some people booked a cruise advertised by Princess as a Medallion cruise, specifically to see what this new technology was like.

I chose a princess Regal cruise instead of a MSC Seaside cruise for this reason - I debated "newer ship" vs "*****" technology. To be told by princess, after final payment, that my Cruise would not be an ***** cruise is wrong. Why were people not told before final payment? (I believe princess has changed their methodology on this now, converting to ***** preview cruises).

The issue isn't 'how useful is this technology'. Princess advertised something they couldn't deliver on (and actually continued to advertise ***** cruises, knowing they couldn't deliver on it) - that's wrong and they should be held accountable.

People are requesting OBC because they aren't getting what they paid for when they booked their cruise and made their final payment. Plain and simple.

I am not advocating that the ***** Medallion is the be-all-and-end-all of cruising. But I am advocating that Princess passengers should be getting what they paid for.

Yep, well said.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

During Tuesday's Carnival Corp stock analysts conference call, the executives indicated that the Medallion is being tested now on Princess and they expect this fantastic technology to make it to all Carnival Corp ships, but did not gave any time frame for this.

Nope, cancelling it is not in their current look at the future.